|Job Type:||Full Time|
Department NameRoute Services
About Network Rail
Network Rail is at the heart of revitalising Britain's railway. From Crossrail - Europe's largest civil engineering project - to investment in world-class stations and major programmes of electrification, we're involved in some of the most ambitious and diverse ventures that this country has ever seen.
IT and Business Services, which are part of Route Services are delivering services that are vital to the running of the railway, deliver the provision of services agreed by the routes to enable them to benefit from economies of scale and the optimisation of our critical resources. Every year we buy and deliver 2000km of rail and 2.5 million tonnes of ballast and operate 1200 rail vehicles. Behind the scenes we process £7bn of payments, handle over 23,000 IT helpdesk calls and make sure everyone's wages are paid on time.
We have 1x Full Time positions and 1x 6 month FTC/Secondment opportunity
You will provide technical resolution and management of customer incidents and requests regarding infrastructure, IT devices and applications. Provide input into documented improvements in knowledge and support processes for all areas of the Service Operation
About the role (External)
- Provide first and second level support/ management for IT related queries, adhering to agreed business service levels.
- Recognise and escalate incident trends to enable prompt action from Incident & Problem Management as appropriate.
- Achieve high levels of accuracy in capturing incident details on Service Management tools in accordance with team processes and procedures.
- Manage 2nd line support queue and ensure ticket allocation, vetting and resolution is carried out in accordance with documented guidelines.
- Pro-actively document and fill gaps in processes, knowledge and tools, and Make recommendations for improvement. Implement where possible.
- Provide technical guidance and input to all teams within Service Operations and act as project resource when requested
- Assist with other areas of Service Operations support workload as instructed by Service Operations KPI's.
- Manage, maintain and improve Service Operations associated services.
Job skills, experience and qualifications:
- Comprehensive knowledge of Windows desktop and server operating systems, MS Exchange and Office productivity suite of applications.
- Good working knowledge of mobile hand-held technologies including Blackberry and Apple IOS devices
- Excellent technical skills gained with relevant experience in a service support function, including supporting bespoke software applications.
- Self-starter requiring little supervision in order to achieve productivity and service targets.
- Highly effective communicator with outstanding customer service skills and the ability to influence outside own team.
- Outstanding problem-solving skills.
- Highly collaborative, pro-actively taking the initiative to support colleagues and fill knowledge and process gaps.
- Committed to personal development and self-improvement.
- Role model exceptional customer service to both internal and external customers.
- ITIL Foundation
- Microsoft/Oracle accredited in relevant disciplines
- Good working knowledge of networking and protocols
- Understanding of other Service Management disciplines (e.g. configuration, change, problem, operations, capacity, availability, performance etc.)
- Understanding of Voice over IP telephony and contact centre systems.
- Experience of Oracle Database structure
- Experience of SQL language
- Experience of developing tools and utilities using Microsoft VBA
- Good network and infrastructure knowledge
- Experience of using and developing reports in Oracle Discoverer, Business Objects or similar equivalent solutions
- Experience of mainframe systems
- Ability to adapt readily to changing work and responsibilities
How to apply (External)
Network Rail welcomes applications regardless of age, disability, marital status (including civil partnerships), pregnancy or maternity, race, religion or belief, sexual orientation, transgender status, sex (or gender), employment status, trade union affiliation, or other irrelevant factor. We will interview all disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria. We positively embrace flexible working recognising that employees may wish to balance work and family/home life.
Keeping people safe on the railway is at the heart of everything we do, safe behaviour is therefore a requirement of working for Network Rail.Applicants should demonstrate their personal commitment to safety in their application.
Network Rail can offer you a rewarding career with competitive pay and excellent benefitsincluding a choice of contributory pension schemes, a generous annual leave package, a bonus scheme and an annual 75% subsidy on season tickets costing up to £3,333 (to a maximum amount of £2,500).
We adhere to a structured pay framework, the salary offered will be £24,000
Network Rail is required to comply with UK Government standards when carrying out pre-employment checks for all new starters; this includes a basic criminal record check. In addition to the basic criminal record check, in accordance with the UK Government we are also required to verify your identity, right to work in the UK and previous three years employment history.
Closing date: 02nd April 2020. Late applications will not be accepted. We retain the right to close the advert before the listed closing date based on application volumes.