|Job Type:||Full Time|
J.P. Morgan is a global leader in financial services, offering solutions to the world's most important corporations, governments and institutions in more than 100 countries.
Derivatives Operations provide operational support to Markets, Investor Services and Banking businesses across the CIB. Key product areas include Currencies, OTC Derivatives, Collateral Principal, Global Clearing, CASS & Outsourcing and Expense Management Unit with a global team of ~1500 colleagues. Services provided to our Businesses include:
Transaction Processing, Confirmation, Settlement and Clearing, Collateral Management, Client Service, Expense Management and CASS & Outsourcing Support
Typical daily activity includes settling in excess of $2TRN via FX trades, leading a Markets OTC portfolio of 3M trades, managing collateral balances in excess of $350BN and processing ~700K cleared and intermediary trades
OTC Derivatives Operations supports a global and diverse client base. Primary functions performed: affirmation, settlement, client money daily segregation, credit event management, client valuations, regulatory reporting, and tax reporting.Facilitate transaction execution via a ‘best in class’ systematic control framework, providing integration between risk systems (Athena, GPS, Kapital, Pyramid) and vendor platforms (DTCC / TIW / Markitwire / Thunderhead).
Manage a portfolio of 2.5M live trades
Monthly settlement of 600,000 payments (100% increase vs. 300,000 in 2010)
70,000 Dodd Frank MTM and client valuation statements issued on a daily basis
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Bournemouth - Over 4,000 employees work at the Bournemouth Corporate Center. We take immense pride in our work and in helping our community. We’re proud to leverage the local workforce and engage closely with local schools and charities. Our campus is set in 13 acres of grounds and includes on-site Tennis Courts and easy access to local sports facilities. We have good transport links including our commuter bus service. The site is currently benefitting from massive investment, redeveloping the office space into a High Performance Workspace and adding exciting new offerings to our communal spaces. We have 2 restaurants on site offering a wide range of healthy options. The staff are able to join in a wide range of groups from yoga to language classes, to groups supporting the diverse range of cultures represented here.
CIB Operations (DPC) - Commodities Documentation Specialist – Analyst- Bournemouth
Summary of Responsibilities
- Drafting structured Commodities confirmations using trade terms sheets.
- Management of own and team’s workflow in a queue
- Ensure own and colleagues’ drafting is checked for accuracy of financial details and ISDA language and are in accordance with JPMorgan and market standards.
- Ensure that all queries are properly researched and actioned in accordance with agreed procedures
- Periodic review of the process to identify possible improvements and that sufficient controls and procedures are in place and adhered to, in order to guard the Bank from risk or exposure.
- Ensure the confirmation process follows the Bank’s compliance, audit and legal policies.
- The role will involve close liaison with traders and marketers, marketing support groups, middle office, Legal, customers and other departments on a daily basis.
- Production and monitoring of daily and weekly MIS.
Skills and Qualifications
- Accuracy is extremely important and the individual should possess good analytical skills and pay attention to detail
- Excellent organisational skills, able to prioritise and react to change quickly and positively.
- Self-motivated with the ability to motivate others and work as part of a team in a pressurised environment.
- Strong control focus
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to deliver high level of customer service to both internal and external clients.