|Job Type:||Full Time|
The UK’s leading cash processing company – Vaultex UK LTD are a joint venture between Barclays Bank and HSBC. When it comes to cash processing we are thought-leaders; developing ideas that the rest of the industry follows and adapting our service to meet the needs of our customers. Simply put, our role is to ensure that cash is widely available for use and that people continue to have confidence in cash as a payment method.
Typically, Vaultex handle around £160 billion worth of bank notes and coins a year – which, if laid end-to-end, would stretch to the moon and back. An accredited Living Wage Foundation employer with IIP (Investors in People) Champion Status, our external recognition as leaders in people management ensures successful applicants will enjoy career development opportunities, structured training and an excellent benefits package and a generous company pension.
The role supports the Head of IT Security in ensuring that Vaultex IT services are delivered in a manner which supports the confidentiality, integrity and availability of systems and data, whilst complying with good practice principles, regulatory requirements and the shareholders’ requirements.
The IT Security Specialist performs monitoring of IT service usage, compliance with IT Security policies, offers specialist support and guidance to the development cells and carries out technical assessments of the IT environment.
The role also requires travel to the various Vaultex sites, to liaise with user departments both in the admin offices and the centres.
Main responsibilities include:
- Perform proactive monitoring of IT services.
- Measure compliance with IT security policies and maintain industry leading security standards across the whole IT estate.
- Perform security assessments including vulnerability scans and application testing
- Liaise with business functions and stakeholders with an emphasis on clear communication both internally and externally.
- Support the ongoing Security Awareness Programme.
- Act as a central contact point for IT Security audit related activity
- Provide second / third level support on IT Security incidents
- Provide guidance and support to development cells ensuring that new and existing services are developed in line with a secure code mentality and best practise
- Maintain an ongoing assessment of emerging threats and vulnerabilities recommending enhancements/improvements/innovation where necessary.
- Ensure that annual security assessment is completed.
- Strong IT Security knowledge
- Understanding of IT risks, controls and mitigation techniques
- Communication (Written, verbal and inter-personal)
- Expertise with vulnerability scanning techniques
- Excellent attention to detail
- Good knowledge of ITIL processes
- Understanding of network/directory technologies.
- Vulnerability detection and remediation.
- Stakeholder management.
- Good problem solver
- Ability to carefully gather and analyze information, and pinpoint issues in complex information
IT Security policy framework
- Ensuring that policies are kept up to date in line with business requirements.
- Thorough understanding of key systems
- Security design testing in accordance with the OWASP security testing methodology
IT Security risks
- Threat identification and remediation including penetration testing (all new Infrastructure/applications, adhoc + annual tests) and vulnerability remediation. Logical Access Management – ensuring that a least privilege approach is in place and verified
- Ensuring the IT Security queries are responded to with precise information
- IT Security awareness – ensuring that the functions of the programme are carried out consistently.
- Competitive Annual salary
- Up to 20% annual bonus
- 25 days annual leave
- Generous company pension
Vaultex UK Ltd is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from the community. Please note that due to the secure nature of our business all successful candidates will need to provide a five year traceable work history (satisfactory employment references or evidence to explain employment gaps), and complete a criminal record and credit background check.