A vacancy has arisen for a Business Analyst to join the Procurement team based at our Birmingham Shared Service Centre.
This position is a newly created role within the Procurement team. The successful applicant will have the opportunity to create a dynamic and pro-active supporting role on behalf of a developing Procurement Team.
- Comply with company safety and ethical standards
- Support the Procurement Senior Leadership Team (PSLT) in developing a framework of overarching Procurement management in line with industry standards and the principles of the Chartered Institute of Procurement and Supply (CIPS)
- Support in the development and continuous improvement of Procurement policies to ensure business needs are met
- Support the PSLT with data analysis and produce all reports on cost saving and value add targets
- Support with the application of the Risk Management process
- Provide support to ensure compliance to SOX and any other local requirements in support of the policies and objectives of G&W
- Lead and collaborate in ensuring the relationship with suppliers is managed contractually
- An understanding of procurement and supply chain
- CIPS membership would be desirable
- Demonstrable experience of working in teams or on projects
- Proven ability to deliver results in challenging environments and present written and numerical information in an articulate and engaging manner
- Excellent Inter-personal, organisational and communication skills (oral and written)
- Excellent PC skills and proficient in MS applications especially Excel and a knowledge of Power BI.
The successful applicant should be a motivated self-starter ambitious to succeed in a fast-paced and dynamic procurement environment.
This post is subject to standard pre-employment checks including employment references, medical and drugs and alcohol screening and successful DBS background checks.
- A competitive salary with opportunities for overtime paid at regular intervals
- Final Salary Pension scheme
- Generous leave entitlement
- Generous employee benefits package, including attractive corporate discounts
- Training and development opportunities
We fully support a healthy work/life balance and have a free, confidential Employee Assistance Programme to promote well-being.