Big Bank Funding. FinTech Thinking.
Our technology teams in the UK work closely with HSBC’s global businesses to help design and build digital services that allow our millions of customers around the world, to bank quickly, simply and securely. We also run and manage our IT infrastructure, data centres and core banking systems that power the world’s leading international bank.
Our multi-disciplined teams include: DevOps engineers, IT architects, front and back end developers, infrastructure specialists, cyber experts, as well as project and programme managers.
We work in small, agile DevOps teams with colleagues around the world from our offices at the Bluefin Building in Southwark, our global headquarters in Canary Wharf, and multiple other locations around the UK including Sheffield, Leeds, Barnsley and Birmingham.
Following extensive investment across our Technology and Digital domains and with plans for continued expansion throughout 2020 and beyond, we are currently seeking a Finance Lead to join HSBC Technology.
You will be responsible for the day to day management of all Direct costs (incl HC costs), Charged Costs, 3rd party Costs across all functional area including liaison and relationships with Management, Sub-Function heads; HTS Finance; MI; Reforecasting and planning. The role will also play a key role in managing the costs associated with Cloud Consumption both for GCS and the GBGF’s.
The function is globally managed, by end of Q1 2020 circa 500 staff in over 6 countries.
Reporting to the CTO Shared Services and Cloud COO this is a key role to facilitate the smooth running of finances, including interfacing with the central finance team and the central MIS/Reporting function based in India.
This role will require the individual to assume a proactive and hands on to ensure the ongoing management and growth of an organization at the forefront of technological change.
- Act as subject matter expert for Finance issues in the function.
- Understand and manage Direct costs; Customer charges to the Function, and Governed Charges from the order book to other parts of the bank.
- Production of Financial MI packs (working with the central MI team as appropriate) and commentary for various audiences and contribution to other reporting as required and charges to other areas of the bank.
- Lead the monthly Flash and Forecasting process
- Analysis of monthly variance for direct cost, customer charges and governed charges and provide variance explanations.
- Support the analysis of monthly variance for Cloud Consumption related charges and provide variance explanations to the 3 strategic vendors and GBGF leads were needed
- Coordinate Billing queries and provide feedback on solutions
- Support the COO on Target setting, management, reporting and communications
- Planning – ensuring that direct cost types planned for are reflected correctly in the AOP and vice versa
- Adhoc reporting as necessary
- Review and submit monthly accruals and journals
- Management of financial aspects of boundary transfers, cost centre moves etc.
- Participate and support Onshore team in driving projects by Central COO team
- Support the Transformation lead to track, validate and record sustainable saves
- HC management and forecasting, management of hiring pipeline and approval process