Senior Risk Manager – Chief Control Office, Commercial Banking (0000E1V5))
Some careers prize diversity more than others
If you’re looking for a career where you will be respected as an individual and valued for the contributions you make, join HSBC and discover how diversity drives our success. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
When joining HSBC Commercial Banking, you will become a valued member of our team, we take the time to get to know you and there will be many tailored development opportunities along the way to support your career to grow as much as you want. We can offer you a competitive pay and benefits package. This includes private healthcare for all UK-based employees, enhanced maternity, shared parental and adoption pay, and support when you return to work, and a contributory pension scheme with a generous employer contribution. But this is only the start, we work closely with our colleagues to understand their life balance needs and we support them with several schemes and initiatives. We can’t wait to tell you about our ways of working, wellbeing agenda and our healthiest human system.
We are currently seeking an experienced individual to join this team in the role of Senior Risk Manager, CCO, Commercial Banking
The role holder will monitor the maintenance of an effective non-financial risk and control environment via the execution of the Risk and Control Assessment (RCA) process, provide inputs for identification of Top & Emerging risks, issue read across, support control owners in the execution of their continuous control monitoring responsibilities and ensure adherence to the internal event management process to enable timely reporting. The role holder would be required to provide co-ordination and expertise to the CMB business teams on all aspects of non-financial risks including audits and work closely with Global Businesses and Functions. The role holder will also have responsibility for managing a team.
The jobholder will ensure the fair treatment of HSBC customers is at the heart of everything we do, both personally and as an organisation. They will also continually reassess the non-financial risks associated with the role and inherent in the business, taking account of changing economic or market conditions, legal and regulatory requirements, operating procedures and practices, management restructurings, and the impact of new technology.
This will be achieved by ensuring all actions take account of the likelihood of non-financial risk occurring; additionally, by addressing any areas of concern in conjunction with line management and/or the appropriate department.
Role holders will carry out activities that will include most of the following:
- Drive and support a culture throughout UK CMB, which acknowledges the requirement for effective management of non-financial risk and control to protect the Bank and CMB from potential operational loss (tangible and reputational losses).
- Support the maintenance of an effective non-financial risk environment through engagement with Control Owners, provide inputs for identification of emerging risks and ensure adherence to the internal event management process to enable timely reporting.
- Develop key relationships with CMB team and across functional areas ensuring a clear understanding of material non-financial risk and control issues.
- Develop key relationships within Regional and Global CMB CCO and build networks within HOST and across functions to share best practice on CCO capability.
- Support UK CMB teams in adherence to both internal and external directives from ‘Second Line of Defence’.
- Identify and share best practices with Risk and Control Owners, to heighten risk and control performance standards.
- Lead the facilitation of impartial Risk and Control Assessments in partnership with Risk Owners and Risk Stewards ensuring that inherent and residual risks are fully understood, controls are tested for design and operating effectiveness and associated issues and actions are identified.
- Assessing and reporting on the adequacy of non-financial risk and control environment by:
ocompletion of thematic CCO testing and issue read across for UK CMB.
oworking effectively with Regional / Global CMB CCO as the UK lead for thematic activity.
oengaging with change programmes to review control design and implementation.
- Providing timely and relevant presentation material for Risk Management Meetings and Committees, and others as needed.
- Ensuring that UK CMB has a robust and compliant CCO capability within ‘First Line of Defence’ aligned to the Global model.
- Providing co-ordination and expertise to the UK CMB business teams on all aspects of non-financial risks working closely with the business leadership teams and specialist functions.
- Providing support in ensuring that UK CMB implements compliance policies and procedures in respect of CMB business.