|Job Type:||Full Time|
Chemical Material Handling Operator
ABOUT THIS JOB
The post holder is responsible for the safe and efficient transfer of batch chemicals by container (ranging from 20 litres to 2000 litres). This is achieved by the proper use of suitable mechanical handling equipment and detailed process instructions. The output of this post is the shipping of complex speciality organic chemicals used for the treatment energy systems
- Under direct supervision perform duties that assist in the production of finished chemical products.
- These duties include: transporting, loading, and unloading chemical products and raw materials, drumming out products from reactors and blenders, collecting product samples and delivering them to the QC lab for analysis, acquiring basic computer skills, assisting in the collection, labelling and disposal of waste. Manipulate loads weighing from 200 - 25,000 kg.
- Work outdoors year round in all types of weather conditions.
- Other duties as assigned by the Operators or Sr. Operators that will facilitate the production of quality products in a safe manner
- GCSE level D or above in 4 subjects including maths and English or equivalent.
- Experience of Top Tier COMAH plant.
- Experience of batch chemical manufacturing
- Experience of using material safety data sheets as a source of information for safe handling of chemicals.
- Modern manufacturing techniques
- Knowledge of management systems
- knowledge and understanding of the theories relating to the manufacturing process e.g. LEAN, CONWIP etc
- Understanding of improvement techniques as applied to manufacturing. CPI, 6sigma etc
- Knowledge of process development and improvement techniques
- Knowledge of health, safety and environmental compliance requirements
- Awareness of DSEAR (
- COMAH awareness (Control of Major Accident Hazards)
- ISO 14001 awareness (Environmental Management System)
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Communication skills, both written and verbal
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to read an interpret instructions
- Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations
- Ability to drive forklift and obtain certification.
- Flexible in their approach and willing to learn and develop
- Ability to work safely and ensure others work safely
- Demonstrated knowledge of basic chemical manufacturing processes
- Proven initiative in increasing knowledge of products, processes and equipment.
- Ability to enter accurate data into plant computer system.
- Knowledge of COMAH, IEC 61508 and DSEAR legislation would be desirable
- Skills in the use of SAP would be beneficial
- Skills in the use of Microsoft Office packages, including e-mail
This role requires someone who is able to work shifts of 8 hours (early and late shifts – alternate weeks)
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization
Baker Hughes is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more