|Job Type:||Full Time|
At GoCardless, our vision is to build a global connected payments network, making payments simpler on the internet no matter what country you're in or what software you’re using.
Today we help over 50,000 businesses across the UK and Europe collect payments and we’re growing fast. International expansion is one of our key priorities; we’ve recently opened in France, Germany and Australia with plans for further expansion.
This is an exciting phase for the business as we expand our contracted business and put the required infrastructure in place to enable us to scale. This role offers an amazing opportunity for someone looking to take the lead on the company-wide management of billing as we enter a period of significant growth.
The Billing Manager will lead the daily billing operations as well as work in close collaboration with Sales, Partnerships, Financial Control and Management Reporting teams. The key responsibilities will be split across three functions, as follows:
Billing and Collections Operations
- System set-up and management: Setting up merchants, rate cards and contract details in the Billing tool
- Monthly invoice creation and processing: Manage the end-to-end billing process including preparation of invoices, invoice adjustments and any required supporting documentation
- Handling credit notes and making required adjustments
- Continuous assessment of existing billing processes, procedures and systems. Identifying and implementing improvements that support the continued growth of our business
- Manage billing team members including setting objectives and managing performance
- Running ad-hoc billing projects
- Ensuring internal billing policies and procedures are documented
- Liaising with global Sales and Partnerships teams to review and approve contracts and billing arrangements
- Weekly meetings with Sales / Account Management team to identify and resolve contract and/or billing issues
- Coordination with Financial Control, Data and Management Reporting teams to support data flow for revenue reporting
- Provide visibility and timely reporting of billing metrics and KPIs
We’d love to hear from you if you have:
- 4+ years of experience in billing and collections, ideally in a high growth tech environment
- Experience with billing system implementation and end-to-end process improvement
- Dedicated self-starter capable of managing multiple priorities and competing demands
- Responsive and comfortable working in an environment of rapid change/ambiguity
- Detail oriented and keen to dig into the numbers and the issues to come up with recommendations that drive improved outcomes
- Strong communicator as you will be liaising with everyone of all levels within the business
- Process focussed
- Strong expertise in Excel, PowerPoint and Looker
- Experience with Zuora / Billing Platform and Looker highly preferable
We’ve built a friendly, collaborative culture, where we hire and develop driven people that share our desire to do work we can be proud of. We value learning and feedback, and are devoted to encouraging and supporting each other’s continual professional growth. There will be scope for you to develop your role and take on more responsibility as our team continues to grow, and you’ll be able to get involved in developing and improving our processes. Our team comes from a variety of backgrounds and we welcome diversity – if you're unsure, please apply.