|Job Type:||Full Time|
The world leader in gases, technologies and services for Industry and Health, Air Liquide is present in 80 countries with approximately 66,000 employees and serves more than 3,6 million customers and patients.
Oxygen, nitrogen and hydrogen are essential small molecules for life, matter and energy. They embody Air Liquide’s scientific territory and have been at the core of the company’s activities since its creation in 1902. Air Liquide’s ambition is to lead its industry, deliver long-term performance and contribute to sustainability.
Entity and activity description
Our portfolio of products and services is broad enough to meet the very different requirements of just about every branch of industry, engineering, science and technology. Our technical specialists work with customers to improve the efficiency of existing processes, meet customers' new technological needs and develop applications to meet specific process requirements. 'As part of the Air Liquide Group, the worlds leading producers and suppliers of industrial and medical gases and related services, Air Liquide UK Limited has the capacity to apply global resources and expertise to local market needs.
Air Liquide UK is your single source of expertise for a vast range of technologies and applications geared to providing innovative solutions that help to ensure our customers are successful in their markets. Air Liquide UK is committed to ensuring that the customer obtains the very best and most cost-effective return from the use of our products and services.
In today's competitive and constantly changing business and technological environments, it is the added value provided by suppliers that can make the vital difference. Added value in terms of technical support, service, flexibility, reliability and of efficiency improving ancillary services are key factors which Air Liquide UK delivers to its customer base.
Missions and Responsibilities
- Conform to and enforce the Company Safety, Health and Environment Policy at all times.
- Maintain Air Liquide assets installed on customer sites
- Maintain plant and equipment owned by our customers
- Report any failed plant failures or issues to the centrally based Maintenance Planner
- Operate at all times in conjunction with company SPO’s
- Ensure that the customer is kept informed of any problems and progress on repairs
Competencies and Profile
Desirable skills and knowledge
- Intuitive and effective communicator
- Demonstrates energy enthusiasm and a passionate commitment within the role and wider business
- Knowledge of properties of Gases an advantage. Gases include Carbon Dioxide, Oxygen, Nitrogen, Argon, Methane, Hydrogen
- Demonstrate active listening and questioning techniques
- Self Motivated as you will be working alone for most of your days
- Effective time management. Excellent organisational skills
- Understands and is aware of the impact of costs associated with decision making and how they may impact customers and or the business
- Develop and support new and innovative ways of working in line with company objectives
Essential Technical Skills and or Qualifications
- Minimum HNC / HND in Mechanical / Electrical Discipline
- Strong Mechanical knowledge and know-how
- Basic Electrical Competence
- Good troubleshooting skills
- Good understanding of operational safety procedures
- Confined space training desirable
- Ability to accurately analyse trends, problems and cause-effect relationship
- Full Driving Licence