|Job Type:||Full Time|
At Lloyds Banking Group, our vision is to become the best bank for our customers. By putting customers first, keeping banking simple and making a difference together, we'll help Britain prosper.
Being the UK's leading provider for current accounts, savings, personal loans, credit cards and mortgages means that 40% of the nation's domestic payments pass through our Payments, Fraud and Financial Crime (PFFC) systems.
This role is a new and exciting opportunity within PFFC to help develop the Delivery risk governance model, influence new stakeholders and improve the risk culture.
Reporting into the PFFC Risk Lead and managed by the Delivery Risk Manager, you will perform a key role in developing and maintaining an effective Delivery risk framework across our programmes and projects. As a risk professional you will consult with colleagues to identify risks, help conduct impact analysis, challenge the management of risks and ensure risk reporting is concisely logged. You will then assist in analysing the Delivery risk portfolio, identify key themes and prepare reports for senior leadership committees. Working alongside our operational risk team you will also help to identify operational risks and create opportunities to remediate threats through the Delivery portfolios.
Consequently we are after a team member, who is keen to progress a career in risk management, has some risk management experience and is practiced in stakeholder engagement. Whilst understanding project and programme lifecycles would be beneficial, the role is well suited to a risk professional who wishes to work alongside experienced risk managers and develop their own career in this field.
You will be expected to have knowledge of the payments industry and some technical understanding of IT systems. Being immersed in such environments your understanding of these topics will quickly improve and you must have the aptitude to learn and to be able to contribute to conversations with technical engineers and payments specialists.
- Knowledge of risk governance frameworks to ensure risks are captured, analysed, escalated and action plans are tracked.
- An understanding of IT programme / project lifecycles and governance to ensure delivery risks are captured in a timely manner and accountabilities are understood.
- Strong communication and stakeholder engagement skills.
- To be confident when engaging with a wide range of colleagues and is able to help improve the risk culture and challenge decision making where appropriate.
- Sound analytical thinking with the ability to identify thematic risks and issues, understand root cause and find solutions.
- We are after someone who is motivated to contribute to the team; someone who shares their ideas, encourages others, helps colleagues when under pressure and unafraid to seek support.
- Proven industry work experience within risk management.
- Operated as a project team member and understands project constraints and the types of threats experienced.
- Knowledge of IT systems or the ability to learn quickly and contribute to technical conversations with IT experts.
- Some knowledge of the Payments industry and have awareness of regulatory changes within the banking industry.
- Have an understanding of the different types of payments and the various payment schemes.
- Experience of operating within a business area with a sizeable change portfolio to understand the dynamics between demand, supply and the advantages of using risk based decision making.