|Job Type:||Full Time|
The world leader in gases, technologies and services for Industry and Health, Air Liquide is present in 80 countries with approximately 66,000 employees and serves more than 3,6 million customers and patients.
Oxygen, nitrogen and hydrogen are essential small molecules for life, matter and energy. They embody Air Liquide’s scientific territory and have been at the core of the company’s activities since its creation in 1902. Air Liquide’s ambition is to lead its industry, deliver long-term performance and contribute to sustainability.
Entity and activity description
Our portfolio of products and services is broad enough to meet the very different requirements of just about every branch of industry, engineering, science and technology. Our technical specialists work with customers to improve the efficiency of existing processes, meet customers' new technological needs and develop applications to meet specific process requirements. 'As part of the Air Liquide Group, the worlds leading producers and suppliers of industrial and medical gases and related services, Air Liquide UK Limited has the capacity to apply global resources and expertise to local market needs.
Air Liquide UK is your single source of expertise for a vast range of technologies and applications geared to providing innovative solutions that help to ensure our customers are successful in their markets. Air Liquide UK is committed to ensuring that the customer obtains the very best and most cost-effective return from the use of our products and services.
In today's competitive and constantly changing business and technological environments, it is the added value provided by suppliers that can make the vital difference. Added value in terms of technical support, service, flexibility, reliability and of efficiency improving ancillary services are key factors which Air Liquide UK delivers to its customer base.
Missions and Responsibilities
- To abide by the current Safety, Health and Environment policy giving priority to the safety of staff, customers and members of the public at all times.
- Be responsible for load security at all times.
- Must abide by the Company’s 12 Life Saving Rules.
- Be responsible for effecting an efficient and satisfactory multi-drop delivery service to customers of the Company.
- Be responsible for the safe handling of cash and cheques with regard to Cash Sale deliveries and account settlements.
- Be responsible for operating the company’s ISO 9000 Quality Assurance System to the satisfaction of the Department and Quality Manager in so far as they apply to his duties.
- Obtain receipts or signatures for delivered goods and collect payment for services when required as defined by the company policy.
- Ensure that the vehicles under control is kept secure at all times.
- Ensure that all Company policies that apply to his/her position are carried out in as business like and efficient manner and to ensure that any necessary paperwork is completed on a daily basis
- Check vehicles to ensure that mechanical, safety, and emergency equipment is in good working order (in line with ADR).
- Obey traffic laws and follow established traffic and transportation procedures under ADR.
- Confidentiality must be maintained at all times.
Competencies and Profile
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Minimum LGV Class 2.
- Full, Clean Driving Licence.
- Driver’s CPC Card
- ADR with Core and Packages and UN Class 2.
- FLT Licence an advantage.
- Experience of Multi-Drop Deliveries and knowledge of Local/Regional Areas.
- Willingness to undergo Company Medical if required.
- Disclosure of any unspent conviction.
- Any first Aid or Health & Safety Qualification an advantage.
- Previous management or supervisory experience.
- Good standard of numeracy and literacy.
- Knowledge of Health and Safety requirements.
- Flexible approach to overtime with a “Can Do” attitude.