|Job Type:||Full Time|
About Network Rail
Network Rail is at the heart of revitalising Britain's railway. From Crossrail - Europe's largest civil engineering project - to investment in extraordinary stations and major programmes of electrification, we're involved in some of the most ambitious and diverse ventures that this country has ever seen.
Route Services is a division of Network Rail, formed to provide our routes with services and supplies that they need in order to maintain and deliver a better railway for a better Britain. We work with our customers to provide them with the safest, most cost-efficient and effective services enabling them to benefit from economies of scale and optimised national resources.
Here at Network Rail, we believe that investing in our people is key to improving the safety, reliability and efficiency of the railway. This in turn, means that we can serve the needs of our customers and the travelling public. Network Rail Training is committed to this goal. We aim to build an environment where every individual is able to succeed and is inspired to reach their full potential, helping the company to become a natural choice for talented people to join.
We provide training, learning opportunities and support to facilitate people development to help Network Rail deliver its business objectives and meet its performance targets. We work in partnership with our customers to ensure that our provision is business-led, supports the implementation of the People Strategy and aligns with the Board's Control Period outcomes.
To provide coordination and administrative support to the Professional Development & Training programmes team.
About the role
- Provide general administrative support to the Engineering Graduate programmes team and the wider department, as instructed.
- Supporting the development and update of project and programme plans and other project documentation.
- Provide scheduling and administrative support for the Engineering Graduate programme team
- Support the production and co-ordination of periodic management reporting.
- Maintain an effective project and programme document control system.
- Provide Administrative support to the Programme of Improvement projects within the Engineering Graduate programme team.
Job Skills, Experience and Qualifications
- Relevant administration experience
- Ability to organise and prioritise own workload to meet deadlines
- Strong organisation skills
- Good communication skills (verbal and written) including excellent telephone manner
- Computer literate (Word, Excel, Database, planning software)
- Knowledge and experience of project based working
- Commercial awareness
How to apply
Network Rail welcomes applications regardless of age, disability, marital status (including civil partnerships), pregnancy or maternity, race, religion or belief, sexual orientation, transgender status, sex (or gender), employment status, trade union affiliation, or other irrelevant factor. We will interview all disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria. We positively embrace flexible working recognising that employees may wish to balance work and family/home life.
Keeping people safe on the railway is at the heart of everything we do, safe behaviour is therefore a requirement of working for Network Rail.Applicants should demonstrate their personal commitment to safety in their application.
Network Rail can offer you a rewarding career with competitive pay and excellent benefits including a choice of contributory pension schemes, a generous annual leave package, a bonus scheme and an annual 75% subsidy on season tickets costing up to £3,333 (to a maximum amount of £2,500).
We adhere to a structured pay framework, any salary offered will be within the following pay range:£18,000-£20,000
Network Rail is required to comply with UK Government standards when carrying out pre-employment checks for all new starters; this includes a basic criminal record check. In addition to the basic criminal record check, in accordance with the UK Government we are also required to verify your identity, right to work in the UK and previous three years employment history.
Closing date: 28-Jan-2020. Late applications will not be accepted.We retain the right to close the advert before the listed closing date based on application volumes.
It is a requirement of the role to live within 75 minutes commuting time of The Quadrant Milton Keynes.