|Job Type:||Full Time|
Microsoft Research Cambridge (UK) is searching for an exceptional applicant to fill a role as a Senior Researcher. The researcher would be a key member of a multi-disciplinary team who are developing innovative optical approaches for the cloud era. The post is a permanent role. The ideal candidate will be currently hold a PhD with at least two years post PhD research experience in Optical Holography in an industrial research setting.
The Researcher would be responsible for driving our experimental research program in the use of optical holography and holographic materials. We look to individuals who can drive their own cutting-edge agenda, to push the state of the art in holographic techniques. They will get access to our state-of-the-art facilities and resources.
- A PhD in Physics or Electrical Engineering and at least 2+ years post-doctoral work in the field of optical Holography in an industrial research setting.
- A strong publication record relevant to optical holography.
- Experience in materials characterization for holographic applications.
- Experience in computer generated holograms.
- Experience in analytical modelling of holographic systems.
- Experience designing constructing and operating free space optical systems (lasers, modulators, positioning systems, SLMs, cameras etc.).
- Competent in using Python for control of laboratory instruments and data processing and analysis.
- Experience in image processing using Python.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.