|Job Type:||Full Time|
Business Resiliency Manager – Associate – London
JPMorgan Chase has undertaken a digital transformation strategy, and is investing in innovative ways to attract customers, deepen customer engagement and drive increased satisfaction through delightful interactions with digital products and experiences. Our team is at the heart of driving this transformation, focused on developing innovative offerings that put the customer at the centre.
Culture is as important to us and we are looking for intellectually curious and honest, passionate, hungry individuals who would like to expand their skills whilst working on a new exciting venture for the firm. As part of JPMorgan Chase & Co.’s global team of product leaders and innovators, your work will have a massive impact, both on us as a company, as well as our clients and our business partners around the world.
About Operational Resiliency:
Operational Resilience encompasses business continuity, disaster recovery, technology resiliency, cyber resiliency and 3rd party resiliency activities. Operational Resilience is being able to prevent, respond to and recover from disruptions so that there is no harm to clients, the firm’s financial viability and/or market stability.
Regulatory focus on Operational Resiliency is significant. The FCA and PRA have published consultation papers in December (CP19/32 and CP29/19 respectively) on Operational Resilience: Impact Tolerances for Important Business Services. This has marked a global shift in focus from financial resiliency to operational resilience as a key means to protect the market and consumers.
The key change in focus is the requirement to assume that disruptions will occur (i.e. cannot be prevented) and understand how firms are able to respond to these incidents through contingency or other plans.
Working with the Resiliency lead, you will design and develop and implement of the end-to-end resiliency programme, including analysis of the new regulatory requirements, working with the different teams to agree the requirements, development of an implementation plan and coordinating and management of the implementation and reporting to management. You will be expected to develop expertise in resiliency across the business and technology.
Specifically, responsibilities will include:
- Develop expertise in operational and technology resiliency, including analysis of rules and regulations, Firm’s Business Resiliency Policies, Standards & Control Procedures and Tools;
- Guide and support process leads with the leads with the creation and maintenance of critical resiliency documentation – Business Continuity Plans and Business Impact Assessments (to include the Walkthrough, Quality Review and Approval processes).
- Develop a strong understanding of the overall business and technology processes to ensure that business and technology recovery strategies are aligned. Development of end-to-end service playbooks for use during crisis situations.
- Perform analysis around key business services in order to understand all the underlying processes and dependencies, identify critical points of failure and design innovative recovery and contingency plans to ensure continuity of services to customers.
- The BRM is able to innovate and design resilient functions and facilities, or suggest solutions and contingencies in the assurance of Business Process Disruption Risk.
- Design, development and execution of table top exercises with stakeholders to develop organizational preparedness for the Business Resiliency Plan and, as a result, meet compliance, risk assessment and all other assurance requirements. Planning, executing and coordinating Business resiliency tests
- Facilitate communication and follow up actions, capture test results and publish key reports for management review
- Identify and implement continuous service improvement opportunities
- Design and develop resiliency metrics and reporting
Skills and Experience
Demonstrated understanding and experience in business and technology resiliency including business continuity, disaster recovery and ideally coordinating drills and table top exercises.
Ability to analyse, communicate, articulate Business Continuity governance and compliance trends and program requirements
Understanding of IT environment is a plus (cloud infrastructure, architecture, data management)
Excellent written and verbal communication, critical thinking skills, effective interpersonal skills, strong formal presentation abilities
Experience in working within Agile environment (Scrum / Kanban) and comfortable with tools including Jira, Confluence
Individual must be a self-starter and ambitious to develop in a fast-moving firmwide function, that is forward-looking and Service Delivery oriented.
Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience