|Job Type:||Full Time|
LBG is the UK's leading digital bank, with over 13 million active online customers across our three main brands, as well as the UK's biggest mobile bank. LBG is also the only UK bank to have Digital & Transformation representation at GEC level; it places Digital at the heart of the bank's strategy.
Consumer Onboarding will give you the opportunity to work in a fun dynamic team who are at the forefront of leading the way for customers & colleagues in transforming & digitising the Lloyds Banking Group Retail Bank across mobile, branch, telephony and internet banking.
A great opportunity has arisen within the Consumer Onboarding Value Stream as a DevOps Engineer. From our Central DevOps team we lead the way in defining the best of new technology offerings, working closely with our Engineering Leads to collectively drive the tooling agenda whilst balancing the requirements of the UKs leading retail bank. The ultimate measure of success for us is using these best of breed software and platform solutions so that we can continuously improve how we deliver market leading applications for our customers.
Our ideal DevOps Engineer will need to be able to display the following qualities:
What will you be doing?
- You'll be an inspiring leader in all aspects of DevOps tooling. This will involve defining and contributing to the overall strategy of the Group
- You'll work with Engineering teams to up-skill their capabilities in their relevant technology area
- You'll take ownership of specific problems and delivering customer focused outcomes
- You'll be an ambassador for the DevOps brand both internally and externally to the division
- Technical knowledge of a specific area of DevOps tooling, e.g. Continuous Integration tooling pipelines across a variety of technologies (e.g. Java/.NET), Containerisation (Docker/Kubernetes/etc..), Cloud Platforms (AWS/Azure/Google), Infrastructure as Code (Terraform/Chef/Puppet/Ansible), Source control platforms (TFS/VSTS/Git/GitLab/GHE/Bitbucket/Gerrit/etc..)
- Solid core OS level skills (e.g. UNIX/LINUX/Windows/ZOS) with supporting industry standard scripting skills
- Experience of mentoring teams to adopt the latest techniques
- At least one Programming language - 2 years' experience
- Network protocols & security - 4 years' experience
- DevOps Tools (like Sonar, Nexus, GIT) - 4 years' experience
- Test Automation Tools - 3 years' experience
- Cloud Infrastructure - 2 years' experience
- Docker Containers - 2 years' experience
- Rancher - 1+ years' experience
- CI/CD Pipeline - 8 years' experience
- Kubernetes - 2 years' experience
- Jenkins 2 - 8 years' experience
- Application Servers - WAS & Liberty - 3 years' experience
What we're looking for
- A 'teammate' who can build relationship and work efficiently with others across a variety of domains, disciplines and locations
- Someone who is passionate about technology and its application to real-world problems
It is essential that you bring the right mind-set to the role. We understand in such a diverse and disparate world no one person can be an expert in all aspects of all DevOps tooling. If you have the right technical background, a willingness to be part of a team dedicated to transforming the landscape and are willing to develop yourself then we're keen to hear from you
At LBG, we're invested in your continual development. That's why we've fostered a collaborative learning environment that supports your career goals and encourages knowledge-sharing. Our inclusive culture offers you flexibility to try new things while helping you build the future you want.
The culture of Lloyds Banking Group brings together intelligent, hardworking people from diverse backgrounds that thrive in collaborative and innovative environments. You'll be joining a leading digital organisation with the support and career potential you'd expect. We'll also provide a competitive benefits package with includes:
- A performance related bonus;
- Generous pension contribution;
- 28 days holiday, plus bank holidays;
- A flexible cash benefits allowance;
- Wider corporate benefits.
If you have the motivation, passion and experience to join our transformation journey… we'll bring opportunities on a scale and breadth not many organisations can match!