|Location:||Blackburn with Darwen|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Job Position: Human Resources Adviser
As someone with established HR Adviser experience, you'll join a friendly, fast paced and diverse organisation. You will take on a key role working proactively and pragmatically with a division and its senior management team to collaboratively undertake our people initiatives and advise on all aspects of the employment lifecycle. You'll be a key part of an HR team and have the support of the wider HR function and other internal stakeholders including talent acquisition, tax, finance and global mobility. Some of your main responsibilities will be to:
- Develop and maintain stakeholder relationships to engender trust, a one team approach plus efficient and effective delivery through your knowledge and experience of HR policies, procedures and legislation.
- Provide timely and suitable strategic and operational solutions and advice in relation to the employment lifecycle.
- Mentor, coach and advise managers in operational issues and the management of their staff and of employee relations cases.
- Take ownership of and work with the business to manage reward cycles including salary, promotion and bonus reviews undertaking internal and external benchmarking as necessary.
- Design, deliver, implement and improve HR practices and initiatives e.g. EDI, wellbeing, retention and talent management to aid the division, wider business and culture of continuous learning.
- Develop line management competence and capability in areas such as performance, absence and change management.
- Utilise your internal and external networks for mutual development and knowledge sharing in relation to the business and HR.
- Provide, interrogate, analyse and present HRMI on a monthly basis and represent HR at relevant management and other internal/external forums and meetings.
- Graduate CIPD (or equivalent), desirable to have MCIPD or be working towards it.
- Previous experience in a similar HR role.
- Deadline orientated with the ability to problem solve and prioritise.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to quickly build effective, collaborative relationships with HR and other colleagues across the business.
- Able to quickly learn, absorb and retain information and understand the business environment.
- Good knowledge and practical application of current UK employment law, procedures and processes.
- Sound stakeholder management skills and resilience with the ability to confidently communicate with all levels of stakeholders, providing challenge to, and accepting it from them.
- A customer driven, collaborative and hands-on approach able to identify pragmatic, business focused solutions to problems, ability to see the bigger picture and think through the wider implications of actions.
- Efficient and effective user of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint skills - able to produce and present complex documentation, spreadsheets and presentations.
- Experience of HR systems and reporting functions and ability to review statistical data and interpret to provide management information
- Able to communicate effectively, succinctly and professionally and able to cope under pressure, prioritise demands and deliver.
- Glasgow or Blackburn based with a flexible and proactive approach to work with the ability to travel to other offices/sites in the UK, and overseas as necessary.
Closing date: 24 January 2020
Equality, diversity and inclusion
Equality, diversity, and inclusion (EDI) are at the heart of our organisation. We promote equal opportunities and have several initiatives to create an inclusive workplace culture; Our dedicated inclusive recruitment page provides more information on our efforts and recognitions.
If you have a disability and would prefer to apply in a different format or would like us to make reasonable adjustments to enable you to apply or attend an interview, please contact us at email@example.com and we will talk to you about how we can assist.
At Mott MacDonald, we support our staff to create work-life balance which works for them and welcome candidates looking for career flexibility. We are open to discussing flexible working at interview stage.
- We can offer:
- Pension matched up to 7%
- Competitive annual leave and the option to purchase additional annual leave
- An annual professional institution subscription
- Life insurance
- Enhanced parental leave
- Annual company performance bonus scheme - Subject to company performance
- Flexible benefits scheme to suit you, including cycle to work & Interest free season ticket loans etc.