|Job Type:||Full Time|
As one of the largest employee-owned Companies in the world, Mott MacDonald is a multisector consultancy providing engineering, management, and development services on projects in 150 countries. With over 16,000 of the best people working on a diverse range of challenges, we're helping our clients deliver sustainable infrastructure and development solutions. Together, we are opening opportunities with connected thinking.
The Energy Unit, specifically the Power, Process & Nuclear division are recruiting for a Senior Electrical Engineer to be based in our Glasgow office. The role will centre on integrating with and proactively supporting our team of engineers to deliver projects that are fully coordinated and compliant with defined standards and quality expectations.
* Carry out detailed surveys of electrical services and equipment to establish status of the existing installations and gain sufficient information to recommend new/upgrade design proposals
* Produce and review design documents including basis of designs, technical specifications, procurement specifications, condition assessment reports and survey reports covering all aspects of electrical services
* Produce and review electrical design drawings
* Produce and review detailed calculations
* Produce estimates of work elements including equipment and manhour costs
* Advise on all aspects of energy consumption and utilisation, identify delegate schemes and recommendations to improve energy performance
* Ensure compliance with Construction (Design and Management) Regulations, current legislation and standards associated with all engineering aspects of delegated projects
* Attend engineering meetings liaising with other groups and clients as necessary
* Up to date knowledge of current legislation and standards applicable in building/infrastructure design environments
* Experience using Hevacomp, Dialux, Relux, Amtech Power, AutoCAD and IES
* Must have initiative, self-motivation and the confidence to make decisions
* Good verbal communication skills
* Degree in Electrical Engineering or related engineering subject
Due to security clearance requirements candidates must be eligible to apply for and obtain security clearance.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate and take positive steps to create an inclusive culture.