|Job Type:||Full Time|
About Network Rail
Network Rail is at the heart of revitalising Britain's railway. From Crossrail - Europe's largest civil engineering project - to investment in extraordinary stations and major programmes of electrification, we're involved in some of the most ambitious and diverse ventures that this country has ever seen.
Here at Network Rail, we believe that investing in our people is key to improving the safety, reliability and efficiency of the railway. This in turn, means that we can serve the needs of our customers and the travelling public.
We seek to build an environment where every individual is able to succeed and is encouraged to reach their full potential, helping the company to become a natural choice for talented people to join.
Network Rail Training provides a full training and development service that is aligned to our customer's objectives and priorities for the successful development of their team's capabilities and competences.
This vacancy can be based at either The Quadrant:MK or Westwood
We deliver a wide range of learning solutions, designed and developed to enable continuous improvement of safety and business performance throughout the business. Everything we do is to support Network Rail's safety culture of getting everyone home safe every day.
To assist with the design and development of leadership and management programmes in support of Network Rail's strategic business requirement for a cohort of skilled managers with high leadership capability. To deliver leadership and management development training to a range of target groups as specified by the annual training plan.
About the role
- Deliver and facilitate high-quality leadership and management development programmes and events.
- Manage available resources effectively in order that delegates are motivated to learn and given every opportunity to achieve the learning objectives.
- Develop training materials for new leadership and management development programmes, amend and update existing materials, as required.
- Assess the impact of leadership and management development programmes through end-of-course evaluation questionnaires and feedback into the design process.
- Working with the Development Co-ordinator, establish and maintain processes and systems for course scheduling, delegate call-up, place booking, issue of joining instructions and other administration requirements.
- Assist the Leadership Development Manager in training needs analysis, programme design and evaluation, as necessary.
- Contribute delivery and facilitation expertise as part of other scheduled learning programmes at Westwood.
Job Skills, Experience and qualifications:
- Experience of successfully delivering corporate level leadership and management training.
- An engaging delivery style
- Organisational skills and sound planning ability.
- Excellent team working skills.
- Experience of working in complex change-oriented environments with multiple stakeholders.
- Experience of learning programme design and development CIPD part-qualified.
How to apply
Network Rail welcomes applications regardless of age, disability, marital status (including civil partnerships), pregnancy or maternity, race, religion or belief, sexual orientation, transgender status, sex (or gender), employment status, trade union affiliation, or other irrelevant factor. We will interview all disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria. We positively embrace flexible working recognising that employees may wish to balance work and family/home life.
Keeping people safe on the railway is at the heart of everything we do, safe behaviour is therefore a requirement of working for Network Rail.Applicants should demonstrate their personal commitment to safety in their application.
Network Rail can offer you a rewarding career with competitive pay and excellent benefits including a choice of contributory pension schemes, a generous annual leave package, a bonus scheme and an annual 75% subsidy on season tickets costing up to £3,333 (to a maximum amount of £2,500).
We adhere to a structured pay framework, any salary offered will be within the following pay range: £40,107-£45,120
Network Rail is required to comply with UK Government standards when carrying out pre-employment checks for all new starters; this includes a basic criminal record check. In addition to the basic criminal record check, in accordance with the UK Government we are also required to verify your identity, right to work in the UK and previous three years employment history.
Closing date: 27-Jan-2020. Late applications will not be accepted.We retain the right to close the advert before the listed closing date based on application volumes.
It is a requirement of the role to live within 90 minutes commuting time of The Quadrant Milton Keynes.