|Job Type:||Full Time|
LBC.co.uk’s Online Content Editor, Weekends, will report to the Managing Editor and will play an essential role in creating compelling content that sets the news agenda and bringing LBC’s award-winning on-air content to the online environment.
What you’ll be doing
- You’ll be creating content from LBC’s radio output, curating articles using video, audio and social media to create original, shareable material.
- You’ll be a social media expert who knows how to take advantage of social media to turn our shareable content viral.
- You’ll be a news and politics junkie who loves getting original and interesting stories, using innovative tools to create compelling content.
- You’ll be responsible for editing video for online use to support editorial needs, both on air and online, including the visualisation of live on air content, and also editing audio and video for online use to support the website’s editorial needs.
- Using image editing software (Photoshop), to create accompanying pieces of design for use on the website, on videos and audio content.
- You'll be familiar with best practices on key social media channels, including Twitter, Facebook and YouTube.
- Working closely with the editorial team to drive revenues, users, customer satisfaction and watch time on the content you create and the LBC website in general.
- Creating a great working relationship with the LBC presenters, particularly the weekend line-up.
What we expect of you
- This job will be from Saturday to Tuesday (37.5hours per week)
- You’ll need a good awareness of news and politics.
- You’ll be obsessed with social media and how to use it to spread our content to as wide an audience as possible
- You’ll be into all multi-media with video, audio and photography and have a decent knowledge of video/audio editing.
- Experienced in creating compelling online content and an understanding of online media and their relation to offline media.
- Understanding of SEO.
- Outstanding communications skills.
- Reporting on and analysing online user engagement.
- Knowledge and use of Photoshop or similar.
- React timely to breaking stories to deliver topical and engaging content.
Who you’ll be working with
- LBC’s online editorial team
- LBC programming team and presenters
- The company’s A/V equipment and studio.
- Support from the digital and video teams
- Marketing and events teams