|Job Type:||Full Time|
Transforming customer engagements from simple support calls to great customer experiences requires more than a passion for customer service. Creating ideal customer interactions requires strong process and data skills, a desire to work as part of a customer centric team, and the energy and enthusiasm to develop a breath of knowledge across a variety of technologies.
Working as a Technical Advisor with the Office Product Group will provide the opportunity to showcase your customer focused mindset as you:
Support the Service Engineers through –
- Queue management and case assignment designed to optimize resource allocation
- Escalation support designed to ensure a quality, timely customer experience
- Case reviews designed to ensure cases are on track for completion
- Mentoring, guidance, and education designed to improve agent efficiencies
- Hands on experience with support tools and demonstrated ability to use them
- On-going education and awareness of supported products and new features
Support the team through -
- Reviewing and analyzing customer/partner experience (CPE) survey results and proposing solutions to reduce support times and improve customer experience
- Reviewing escalated case volume and proposing workflow solutions to reduce escalation rates
- Reviewing archived cases to identify support trends and training gaps
- Identify critical issues, and work with management to resolve
- Assisting with the development of both internal and customer facing technical and process documentation
- Assisting in the creation and/or review of training content
Support the organization through –
- Collaborating with other Technical Advisors to share information, identify trends, and improve processes
- Working closely with outsourced suppliers, which may include ramping up new support locations
- Identifying opportunities for automation and self-service tools through issue and workflow analysis
- Collaborating on cross-team and cross product technical issues, working with resources from other Microsoft groups as needed to resolve customer issues.
- Meeting customer satisfaction and operational metric targets.
The candidate should perform well under time restraints and with little supervision. Other requirements include outstanding written and verbal communication skills and the ability to manage conflict and negotiate resolution. A passion for improving processes and a commitment to customer satisfaction are both essential.
Frequent contact with service management staff, server operations teams, internal business partner teams, Premier level customers, and support staff in global locations.
Degree in CS, or equivalent in work experience
Excellent spoken and written communication skills
Strong Excel and PowerPoint skills are a plus
Demonstrated ability to handle technically challenging and politically hot customer situations, including the appropriate use of all available resources
Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with customer/executive level management on complex technical issues in audience acceptable terms.
Outstanding customer service and support skills.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.