|Job Type:||Full Time|
One of the largest employee-owned companies in the world, Mott MacDonald is a multisector consultancy providing engineering, management, and development services on projects in 150 countries. With over 16,000 of the best people working on a diverse range of challenges, we're helping our clients deliver sustainable infrastructure and development solutions. Together, we are opening opportunities with connected thinking.
We - the Energy Unit, specifically the Power, Process & Nuclear division are looking to recruit a Principal/Lead Nuclear Safety Case Engineer to join our team in Altrincham. This role will be to support associates and other senior line managers in a number of areas including nuclear power generation, the naval nuclear programme and decommissioning. It is an opportunity to join a dynamic and growing team with opportunity for career progression.
The candidate will be expected to demonstrate knowledge/ experience within one or more of the following areas:
* Safety Case Production (e.g. SJP, PCSR, PCmSR, PRS)
* Modification/ Design Change Submissions (LC/AC 22)
* Functional Safety Assessment
* Regulatory Interface
* ALARP Assessment
* Safety & Risk Assessment
* Deterministic Safety Assessment
* Probabilistic Safety Assessment
* Nuclear Safety Legislation, Regulation and Policy
* Explosives Safety (Previous experience of working at AWE is desirable)
* Engineering Substantiation
* HAZOP and other Hazard identification studies
The ideal candidate will be degree qualified in a Science, Technology or Engineering discipline with experience in the nuclear industry, although applicants from other high-hazard industries will be considered.
Candidates must be eligible to apply for and obtain security clearance.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate, and take positive steps to create an inclusive culture.