|Job Type:||Full Time|
At Baker Hughes, we are transforming the future of energy. With operations in over 120 countries, we are developing and deploying industry-leading technologies and services to take energy forward.
For more than a century, our inventions have revolutionized energy. Today, we are bringing our expertise to make oil and gas safer, cleaner, and more efficient.
Our people are the trusted experts, relied on to solve customer challenges big and small. We invest in the health and well-being of our workforce, train and reward talent, and develop leaders at all levels to bring out the best in each other.
We believe in creating an environment of diversity and inclusion, without bias. We know we are better when all of our people are developed, engaged, and able to bring their whole authentic selves to work.
We’re makers, inventors, and leaders who aren’t afraid of the tough challenges. We believe pushing boundaries will help to lead the way for a new energy future.
Would you like to be part of a team delivering cutting edge algorithms and intelligent systems solutions to a global audience? Would you like to work with hundreds of terabytes of data gathered over 20 years from around the world, using machine learning or analytics approaches to derive solutions for safety in the Oil and Gas indsutry? Interested in innovative deep learning and AI solutions?
You will be part of a global Data Science team developing solutions to problems in the pipeline inspection space where organisation, environmental and personal safety issues are paramount. The Data Science team delivers solutions for analysts working in-house around the world whose job it is to assess large quantities of signal array data for reporting & preventative maintenance of pipelines owned by the largest operators in the Oil and Gas industry. The team uses a variety of approaches including machine learning, signal processing, data visualisation and enterprise level data sources to provide high levels of operational excellence and extremely robust algorithm results in a safety critical industry. Algorithm scalability and performance are topics high on the team’s agenda, with a business strategy of moving towards scalable Cloud based solutions currently underway.
- The design, development and delivery of new algorithms and software for the analysis and reporting of pipeline inspection data, including improvements to current approaches
- Deliver technical support, including algorithm and software maintenance, to multi-discipline teams across BHGE’s worldwide operational bases
- Collaborating with other engineering disciplines, domain experts, internal and external customers
- Contributing to continuous improvement and quality initiatives as well as innovative approaches and solutions to business problems
- A B.Sc, M.Sc, Phd. in Software Engineering, Mathematics or other relevant discipline such as data science/intelligent systems/machine learning
- Strong numerical skills used in a data science context, including working with numerical data in analytics and/or machine learning contexts.
- Demonstrable skills and experience in algorithm development from design, prototyping and testing to delivery and application to engineering problems
- Knowledge and experience of current and emerging machine learning/AI techniques.
- Solid software development experience in Python, C++ or Java working in a production environment across the full software lifecycle
- Evidence of problem solving ability
- Strong inter-personal and communication skills
- Able to work unsupervised as well as part of a team
- Experience of working in an Agile software development environment
- Awareness of scalability issues in relation to algorithm productionisation
- Exposure to Big Data and Cloud technologies (for algorithm development/productionisation as well as for data storage and software engineering)
- SQL and NoSQL data model awareness
- Oil & Gas industry experience
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization
Baker Hughes is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more
Career Level Experienced