|Job Type:||Full Time|
We have a new opportunity for an Area Manager for our Contracting business in the Southeast. If you have experience working within a surfacing or tier one contracting business, perhaps as a Contracts Manager or Business Manager - this role provides the chance to step up and oversee a multi-million pound surfacing business.
About the Role
Reporting to the National Operations Director you will lead the contracting area to meet the changing needs of the industry and developing the team to accommodate these, ensuring they have full appreciation of our extensive product range to enable cross promotion. You will demonstrate your ability to implement a defined strategy, cascading information and initiating positive change. Core to the role will be the identification of business opportunities, as well as being the key contact for existing customers in the area.
Other elements to the role include:
- Providing a comprehensive business review of Safety, Health, Environment & Quality (SHEQ), actual performance, forecast EBITDA/Volumes, Recycling, Resources and Training and NCRs.
- Ensuring all site-based operations are carried out in a safe and environmentally compliant manner.
- Leading the team by example, interacting with all operational and behind the scenes commercial employees ensuring clear communications to engage, motivate and coach. Holding individuals and teams to account for non-compliance with rules and legislation and ensuring all strive for strong business relationships and market knowledge.
- Proactively promoting the full product range to all customers with in the area and providing a point of escalation for managing and resolving customer queries complaints as they arise.
What will you bring?
- Ideally educated in a related technical or business discipline (or equivalent).
- Experience in surfacing and highways, or working for/with tier one contractor.
- Stakeholder Management at senior level coupled with the ability to lead and manage multi-disciplined teams across a range of functions.
- Experience in managing budgets with the ability to put in place and maintain full financial controls
- Strong communication and influencing skills with the ability to build credibility across the organisation
What’s on offer?
- Competitive Salary, bonus and benefits recognizing the contribution you bring
- Opportunities for Career Progression both at home and abroad
- An inclusive and safety focused culture with people at the heart of the business
We are committed to building a diverse environment and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age.
Why join Aggregate Industries?
To be at the heart of construction, we see our people at the forefront of the construction industry, transforming it into a more sustainable future. We employ highly talented, experienced and motivated people from diverse backgrounds. We have industry-leading capability in innovation, enabling us to anticipate and meet the changing needs of our customers. We are committed to developing strong and positive relationships with the communities we live and work in. LafargeHolcim has a global footprint with leadership positions in the vast majority of its markets and a diversified portfolio with a good balance between mature and developing markets positioned in highly populated areas.
About Aggregate Industries
We’re at the front line of the construction and infrastructure industries, producing and supplying an array of construction materials. With over 270 sites and more than 3,900 dedicated employees, we’re home to everything from aggregates, asphalt, ready-mixed concrete and precast concrete products. On top of that, we produce, import and supply construction materials, export aggregates and offer national road surfacing and contracting services.
We’re also a proud member of LafargeHolcim, which is the leading global building materials and solutions company with around 90,000 employees in over 80 countries. It holds leading positions in all regions with a balanced portfolio of developing and mature markets.