|Job Type:||Full Time|
HAVE YOU GOT SPIRIT?
Succeeding in today’s energy world requires collaboration, agility and the audacity to do things differently. At Spirit Energy, we seek to challenge what has been accepted, rethink the way our sector operates and create a new style of E&P operator.
It takes a diverse range of skills, experience and talent to deliver these aspirations and our people will be the force to get us there. If you are ready to take the next step in your career with a progressive and energetic team, then we are ready to hear from you.
THE OPPORTUNITY – SENIOR EXPLORATION GEOLOGIST
Our business is evolving, and we’re shaping our own future. We’re grasping opportunity and are looking for an experienced geologist to help our exploration team mature our portfolio of exiting opportunities.
AND NOW FOR THE TECHNICAL BIT…
Once in role, you will be accountable for:
- Basin evaluation and play fairway mapping
- Formulation and execution of agreed technical programmes for each asset
- Reservoir characterisation and description for exploration prospects using seismic, logs, core, regional data & analogues
- Calculate volumetrics (STOIIP, GIIP) and reserves for fields and prospects
- Preparation of relevant parts of well programmes in partnership with other subsurface staff and drilling engineers
- Seismic interpretation and mapping at regional and prospect scale
- Providing a wide range of geological support and technical advice/guidance to the exploration team
To be successful in this role you will have:
- A Geoscience Bachelors Degree
- Previous experience in a similar role within a challenging and operating environment
- Extensive experience of using modelling and log correlation software– Petrel preferred
- Broad geological knowledge of the UKCS with previous experience of exploration within the UKCS offshore, particularly SNS and CNS
- Good knowledge of well operations and input requirements to well planning and monitoring. Experience of working with drilling engineers and well operations teams
- Skilled background of structural, stratigraphic or sedimentological nature an advantage
- Proven ability to undertake complex tasks requiring the application of well-developed technical skills and knowledge with limited supervision
- Highly developed analytical and problem-solving skills
In addition to technical knowledge and credibility, we are searching for a someone who lives our values of Agility, Collaboration, Courage, Care and Delivery, enables and supports change and brings fresh and dynamic thinking.
At Spirit Energy we don’t just talk about diversity and inclusion – we take action to champion it at every level of our business. We support flexible and part time working, we seek and recruit talent from every avenue and we actively support and encourage personal development and promotion. We deliver technical excellence and celebrate our successes together.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE by hitting the 'Apply' button.