If you are looking for a rewarding career that will help you stand out, join HSBC and fulfil your potential.Whether you want a career that will take you to the top, or simply in a new direction, HSBC offer opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
Joining our team as an underwriting officer you will assess the current financial circumstances of our customers when applying for a lending facility. In all cases you will be providing well-reasoned lending decisions, whilst treating our customers fairly.
What you get in return:
This exciting opportunity is supported with an attractive reward package, including flexible benefits such as life insurance, income protection and healthcare. There is a pension with employee contributions up to 7%, multiple employee discounts and a competitive salary (dependant on experience).
At the start of your career journey we will provide you with all the training and development you require to be successful within your role, through a comprehensive blended learning approach.
You should have the flexibility to work within the hours of Monday to Friday 8am-8pm, Saturday 9am-7pm, and Sunday 10am-6pm working 35 hours per week.
In this role you will:
- Communicate with customers using effective questioning and listening skills to enable you to fully understand their individual financial circumstances and needs.
- Be passionate and care about offering a service to our valued customers that is second to none.
- Be confident, outgoing, and resilient and be able to quickly establish rapport with our customers and build lasting relationships.
- Demonstrate the ability to persevere in challenging situations
- Treat customers fairly and put them at the heart of all that you do.