|Location:||Greater Manchester, Reading|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Cross-Domain Solution Architecture (CDSA)
*Travel is an integral part of this role and may be 50% or more.
The positions could be based in any EMEA locations
Microsoft envisions a world where passionate innovators come to collaborate. A place where they can envision taking their careers to places they simply couldn’t imagine anywhere else. This is a world of more possibility, more innovation, more openness, and sky’s-the-limit thinking – a cloud-enabled world where we can help transform and allow our customers to disrupt themselves before someone else would.
Our mission is to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. This mission is bold and at the core of what our customers and employees care deeply about. We have unique capability in harmonizing the needs of both individuals and organizations. We deeply care about taking our ideals and vision global and making a difference in lives and organizations in all corners of the planet.
We are always learning. Highly curious. We lean into uncertainty, take risks, and learn quickly from our mistakes. We build on each other’s ideas, because we are better together. We stand in awe of what humans’ dare to achieve and are motivated every day to empower others to do more and achieve more through our technology and innovation. Together we make a difference.
To learn more about Microsoft’s mission, please visit: https://careers.microsoft.com/mission-culture
At a time when many businesses are looking for ways to innovate and transform both themselves and the markets they serve, Microsoft EMEA Enterprise Services Cross Domain Solution Architecture (CDSA) team is looking for experienced Solution Architect that can help build end to end solutions for our customers to help with their digital transformations.
- You build your trusted advisor relationship with your customers on the whole lifecycle of their digital transformation programs, from initial business needs’ understanding to final delivery of the solution. The EMEA CDSA team at Microsoft is part of the CTO office in Microsoft Services. Cross Domain Solution Architects are responsible for architecting the most innovative and complex solutions using existing and emerging technologies to enable a customer digital transformation strategy.
- As a Cross Domain Solution Architect you will require both broad and deep technology knowledge as well as business process knowledge.
- You have the ability to architect cloud solutions by mapping customer business problems to end-to-end technology solutions.
- You should be able to demonstrate the ability to engage in senior level business and technology decision makers’ discussions related to agility, business value, and end to end information technology.
- You are a key enabler for other architects, consultants and partners in our business. You need to be able to demonstrate a passion for the customer through professionalism and striving for excellence in all aspects of the customer engagement and experience.
- You need to be able to apply advanced analysis skills and experience in principals of architecture to define appropriate customer solutions. To be credible you should have current and deep experience with implementation of large software systems.
- Also, you should understand competitive technology and how to properly assess feasibility of migrating customer solutions from, and/or integrating with customer solutions hosted on, non-Microsoft platforms.
- Advanced domain knowledge in one or more vertical industry is also an asset.
You need to be a leader in demonstrating architecture, planning, deploying solutions including the following:
- Demonstrated excellence with consulting skills and presenting complex topics to both business executive and technical personnel
- Demonstrable capabilities in articulating the customer business value that can be achieved through technology
- Proven experience selling consulting engagements which includes estimating, scoping, and writing effective statements of work that clearly set expectations and manage risk.
- Consistent record of building deep relationships with senior executives and helping to build innovative cloud solutions in large or highly strategic accounts
- Consistent track record of driving decisions collaboratively, resolving conflicts and ensuring follow through with extraordinary verbal and written communication
- Demonstrated excellence when facilitating customer design and awareness sessions that are focused on complex application solution architectures.
- An ability to articulate architectural differences between solution methods and the challenges and approaches to integrating solutions built on different platforms including a working knowledge of different architectural frameworks that may be used by our customers.
- Architectural understanding of and implementation experience across one or more of Microsoft Azure, Office365 and Dynamics or other industry leading PaaS, SaaS and IaaS platforms.
- Ability to move between high level architectural review/design and the “hands on” level of actually doing all phases of a delivery project.
- Resourceful, confident under pressure, and demonstrated skill in both crisis management and expectation management.
- You may come from an enterprise customer, partner, system integrators, and may have played the following types of roles in these organizations: Senior Architect, Chief Architect, Principal Architect or CTO. Above all, you have been working on transforming your own or your customers’ business through technology.
- We expect you to have a BS/BA degree and/or 10+ years of relevant work experience. MBA or a relevant business degree is an added advantage for combining technical and business skills in this role.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin, marital status, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other protected status.
Microsoft’s privacy statement can be viewed on the following web page: http://privacy.microsoft.com/en-gb/default.mspx
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.