|Job Type:||Full Time|
As a member of our Business Analysis team, you'll play a crucial role in identifying, improving and developing technology solutions that drive our strategic goals. This is a tremendous opportunity to learn about high-priority initiatives and collaborate with colleagues throughout the firm. Working at the intersection of business and technology, you'll sharpen your understanding of business processes and data analysis, while continuing to develop your leadership, management and communication skills. No matter where your career ultimately takes you, you'll make a meaningful impact and lasting connections with outstanding colleagues and mentors.
The Applications Risk and Controls Business Analyst ensures JPMorgan Chase’s Controls and IT Risk agendas are consistently applied to the HR EMEA Application portfolio to achieve risk reduction, improved stability, security and resiliency.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
- BS/BA degree or equivalent experience
- A strong understanding of at least one business function in the firm, as well as a broader understanding of other areas.
- Proficiency in business applications, data usage and management
- Ability to liaison between lines of business and the development team, while working with a wide range of stakeholders and collaborating with your team.
- Ability to work collaboratively in teams and develop meaningful relationships to achieve common goals
- Day to day oversight of EMEA applications, tracking status of key control metrics including Risk Classifications (ARC), Control Assessments, breaks and remedies by application for inclusion in regular dashboard reporting to HRT Senior Management
- Ensuring accuracy of the EMEA application inventory and supporting data that will be used for reporting and influencing strategic direction of the EMEA application portfolio
- Act as a point person to facilitate resolution of control breaks from JPMC internal Applications, coordinating actions with application development, risk and technical domain SME’s as necessary.
- Act as a point person to facilitate resolution of control breaks from Third Party Applications, partnering and supporting with HR Delivery Managers, coordinating actions with the vendor support teams, TPRM Assessors and technical domain SME’s as necessary.
- Maintenance of SEAL data for JPMC internal applications
- Assist project teams with SDLC tollgates relating to risk management checklists
- Appropriate escalation of deadlines with pending actions
Essential Skills for the role:
- IT background, with understanding of software development lifecycles
- Must be a self-starter with strong critical thinking and analytical skills
- Have strong interpersonal relationship and communication skills with good command of English
- Be able to work independently and as part of geographically dispersed team
- Ability to multi-task/change focus quickly across multiple priorities
- Experience in Microsoft office especially Excel and SharePoint
- Confident in working with all levels of the organisation and with vendors
Desirable Skills for the role:
- Awareness of JPMC Risk & Controls, TPO processes and tools
- Experience working with vendors.
Our Corporate Technology team relies on smart, driven people like you to develop applications and provide tech support for all our corporate functions across our network. Your efforts will touch lives all over the financial spectrum and across all our divisions: Global Finance, Corporate Treasury, Risk Management, Human Resources, Compliance, Legal, and within the Corporate Administrative Office. You’ll be part of a team specifically built to meet and exceed our evolving technology needs, as well as our technology controls agenda.
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you’re not just working at a global financial institution. You’re an integral part of one of the world’s biggest tech companies. In 20 technology centers worldwide, our team of 50,000 technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $10B+ annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will are transforming the financial services industry.
Apply today, and put your passion for technology to work at JPMorgan Chase & Co.
All internal moves will normally take place on the same grade and same salary. Salaries are reviewed annually in February. Exceptions to the rule regarding transfer on current salary may include a move between geographic locations.
© 2019 JPMorgan Chase & Co. JPMorgan Chase is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.