Role Title: Financial Analyst, Global CMB Transformation
New or Existing Role? New
- In 2018 HSBC Commercial Banking (CMB) commenced a multi $ billion investment programme to make it easier for customers to partner with us, easier for our colleagues to serve them, and provide our capabilities to more customers.
- The role is to provide financial analysis, support for CMB investments. The role is part of the Global Commercial Banking (CMB) Business Finance team, working in close partnership with finance business partners, IT and our CMB business management teams.
Impact on Business
- Working with the wider Business Finance team to ensure investment costs/benefits are accurately reflected in overall P&L forecasts
Customers / Stakeholders
- Engage with finance downstream partners e.g. IT Finance, Group Finance, Regional Finance
Leadership & Teamwork
- Provide analysis & MI to various business led forums.
- Build relationships with various global/regional Finance & Business contacts to overcome any challenges.
Operational Effectiveness & Control
- Clear operational procedures established, documented and complied with by all.
- Ensuring all plans are syndicated with CMB Finance leadership.
- Ensuring that all project activities are executed in time and approved by key stakeholders.
- CMB Transformation is a complex, multi-year portfolio of programmes with challenging timelines.
- This will require strong financial analysis skills to manage and drive Finance’s element of the programme forward.
- Programmes will be delivered by multiple teams across the business in different geographies. Strong dependency identification and subsequent management is required to ensure key handoffs are understood, planned and tracked.
- The role-holder will need to pick up concepts quickly and have a high degree of motivation, commitment and initiative.
- Sensitivity to cultural diversity and ability to dynamically adapt interpersonal style to build effective relationships
- This role is part of the Global CMB Finance team and therefore necessitates substantial coordination across different time zones and will require the role holder to be reasonably flexible with their working hours
Management of Risk
Observation of Internal Controls
- The jobholder will also adhere to and be able to demonstrate adherence to internal controls. This will be achieved by adherence to all relevant procedures, keeping appropriate records and, where appropriate, by the timely implementation of internal and external audit points, including issues raised by external regulators.