|Job Type:||Full Time|
CIB Credit Risk – DI MACH Team Lead - London (Executive Director)
CIB Credit Risk is an integral part of a broader CIB platform and works closely with businesses and functions across the Corporate and Investment Bank, including Debt Capital Markets, ALF, Financial Sponsors, Derivatives, Treasury Services, M&A, GCB and Trade Finance. Post implementation of the WCS organization, the team will be focused on performing credit analysis on clients which are sub-investment grade rated across a broad range of sectors and the structuring and documenting of a wide variety of credit products. Key products include:
- Acquisition/Infrastructure debt financings
- Leverage buy-out;
- High Yield and Hybrid Bonds (and bridges thereto);
- Syndicated and bilateral loans;
Corporate derivatives (eg fx, interest rate, commodities, inflation);
- Trade finance including ECA financings, LCs, supply chain finance;
- Treasury service products.
The opportunity is for an ED Team Lead for the DI MACH team, based in London. The DI MACH team are responsible for CIB clients in a broad range of sectors, including Automotive, Healthcare, Chemicals, Building Materials and Construction. Post implementation of the Wholesale Credit Risk organisation in EMEA, DI MACH will be responsible for all sub-investment grade CIB clients in these sectors, including financial sponsor-owned clients. Additionally, the team will support the CCBSI expansion in EMEA. The role will report into the head of Diversified Industries Credit.
Developing, managing and maintaining a strong team of credit risk professionals, from analyst to VP, covering names across a variety of sectors ensuring BAU processes are completed and controls are observed.
Supporting the various lines of business who generate credit requests across Western Europe in CIB.
- Presentation to senior management of key themes affecting the team’s portfolios and forward/future planning affecting those sectors.
- Ensure the team proactively manages the ongoing credit relationship and exposure of the firm’s clients, including undertaking a variety of ongoing portfolio management activities, which may include: interaction with other risk management groups (e.g. Wholesale Credit Risk) to manage transaction or portfolio risk dynamically, and assessing the overall credit quality of an assigned portfolio through risk reviews.
- Develop a network of contacts both (i) internally, with client executives, industry advisers, product specialists, credit officers and legal with respect to the team’s industry sectors and (ii) externally, with clients and lawyers.
- Recommending opportunities for efficiency improvements, which have appropriate controls, and creating the appropriate plan to implement and communicate changes.
- People development, including objective setting and staff training and development. Regular review meetings to ascertain progress, including the end of year appraisal process.
- Provide credit expertise to both Commercial Banking Credit Risk (US) and Commercial Banking coverage in support of the expansion of the Commercial Bank in Western Europe.
- Working in partnership with Wholesale Credit Risk to ensure there is a smooth transition and handover of the team’s investment grade portfolio to WCR.
10+ years experience in credit risk, including experience of identifying and mitigating corporate credit risk for sub-investment grade clients.
Experience/credibility of managing financial sponsor transactions from a credit perspective.
Experience of managing people / career development.
Multi-product expertise, including loans, derivatives, treasury and trade products.
Experience of exercising C2 credit authority.
Required skills, experience, and qualifications:
Strong leadership, management and business partnership skills.
Ability to interact well with clients, senior colleagues and juniors, including ability to organize and direct credit deal teams across geographies.
Holistic and probing mindset and ability to focus quickly on key issues and act decisively with balanced judgment and problem solving mentality.
Ability to understand the business and market context while being protective of the Firm’s Risk.
High level of analytical skills, ability to analyze complex credit and capital structures & ensure the attendant credit risks are identified and mitigated.
Experience of complex cross-border credit and derivatives transactions and expertise with multi-jurisdictional legal documentation, including financial sponsor transactions.
Strong knowledge of JPM Credit Policies and procedures.
Ability and willingness to coach and train.
Strong communication skills, spoken and written.
Western European languages helpful, but not essential.
J.P. Morgan’s Corporate & Investment Bank is a global leader across banking, markets and investor services. The world’s most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. With $18 trillion of assets under custody and $393 billion in deposits, the Corporate & Investment Bank provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk and extends liquidity in markets around the world. Further information about J.P. Morgan is available at www.jpmorgan.com.
“JPMorgan Chase & Co. offers an exceptional benefits program and a highly competitive compensation package. JPMorgan Chase & Co. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a member of the UK Government’s Disability Confident Scheme.”