Role Title: Business Support and Recharges Manager
Business: Corporate Real Estate (CRE)
- The CRE Business Support Manager plays a key role in a small, specialist team responsible for the management of CRE expenditure, recharges, recovery and financial reporting globally for a cost base of $2.9bn direct cost $3.1bn CttB.
- The role is responsible for supporting across the CRE cost agenda globally, and will specifically be responsible for:
- the production of financial analysis and insight on CRE expenditure and CttB to support senior decision making
- working closely with stakeholders across CRE and Finance to identify trends and anomalies in the CRE cost position and then working at pace to rectfy errors and to identify and implement tactical and strategic solutions
- supporting monthly cost reforecasting and quarterly target reviews
- supporting the annual rate setting process and mid-year review
- supporting adhoc requests and project work related to the role as required
- continuously improving the way the team works to impove effectiveness and control
- upholding financial governance across CRE
- supporting the achievement of CRE’s cost targets
Impact on Business
- Timely and accurate issuance of monthly CRE Recharge files to countries and regions
- Monthly accurate, timely and relevant reporting provided to support the CRE function with both Actual Direct costs and Charges to Businesses reporting.
- Support annual rate setting process and mid year rate review, including mid year adjustments if required, and any finance target changes resulting from rate changes..
- Monitor and report on Global CRE recovery position on a monthly basis, raising concerns and recommendations where applicable.
Develop in depth knowledge of the CRE MI system, submitting Change Requests to develop and enhance the tool to improve user experience. Engage and support the wider CRE community in use of the system .
- Act as co-ordination point with regional teams to manage recharge queries efficiently and effectively, supporting query management in response to Business Partner queries.
Customers / Stakeholders
- Work closely with the Global, Regional and CRE Function teams and Finance globally to support the effective financial management of the function.
Provide effective guidance and support to the wider CRE community on the CRE MI system and recharge processes.
Provide effective guidance and support to the wider CRE community on Rate Setting processes.
- Proactive sharing of material that can be used to educate and provide guidelines to the CRE community in relation to quality assurance, governance and planning.
Leadership & Teamwork
- Improve collaborative working within the team. Build, develop and maintain a good working relationship with HSBC staff at all levels. Champion and embed best practice management within own team.
- Demonstrate proactive support in Rate and Recharge matters
- Work effectively with all members of the Operational Management and CRE teams encouraging collaboration across the geographies.
Operational Effectiveness & Control
- Improve and standardise internal processes and procedures to support monthly recharge processes, including GSC charging.
- Support, encourage and participate in a programme of continuous improvement and controls within CRE.
Undertaking and supporting financial initiatives as requested
Annual documentation reviews undertaken to ensure all procedures are current and fit for purpose
- The role holder will be continually
Working under pressure and within an environment with a high volume and diverse activity across the global real estate portfolio, all of which must be adequately controlled and operated within Group financial and quality parameters
- Requirement to work effectively in a global capacity.
- Prioritisation of critical monthly activities.
- Pace of change is rapid and the role holder must be proactive in defining requirements and adapting appropriately.
- Strong judgment and effective communication skills are essential.
- The role holder needs to be able to give clear and prompt guidance.
- Self starter, will be required to use own initiative to resolve complex challenges.
- It is important the role holder is comfortable working for a large, complex international organisations with stakeholder contact being required at country, regional and global levels.
- The day-to-day delivery of the role will require the role holder to establish and maintain strong relationships at global and regional levels within CRE
- The ability to operate independently when needed is required, at times under pressure.
The Global CRE annual direct cost base is c. $2.9bn
The role has global responsibilities across the whole CRE property portfolio
Ad hoc projects are also undertaken as required.
The role holder will ensure the fair treatment of our customers is at the heart of everything we do, both personally and as an organisation. This will be achieved by consistently displaying the behaviours outlined in the Group’s core values.
The jobholder will also continually reassess the operational risks associated with the role and inherent in the business, taking account of changing economic or market conditions, legal and regulatory requirements, operating procedures and practices, management restructurings, and the impact of new technology and services.
This will be achieved by ensuring all actions take account of the likelihood of operational risk occurring and by owning and managing any areas of concern.
Observation of Internal Controls
The role holder will adhere to and enforce adherence to internal controls. This will be achieved by adherence to all relevant procedures, keeping appropriate records and, where appropriate, by the timely implementation of internal and external audit points, including issues raised by external regulators.