Role Title: Global Markets - Tactical RAD Developer - Fixed Term Contract
Business: Control Office
GCB Grade: 4
The role holder will work alongside the current tactical developer within the Change Management and Control Office team, supporting staff in regions (especially London) as well as Bangalore to enhance the Markets Front Office Tactical tool kit, currently comprising the Front Office Supervision EUC and Conduct Metrics MI Excel platform. The role holder will be responsible for ensuring a robust and controlled environment is maintained with limited risk, recognising the inherent risk of an EUC environment.
What are we doing?
We are looking to make the role of being a Front Office supervisor simpler, more efficient and most importantly more focused on evidencing. At the moment they carry out their supervisory tasks via an array of dis-connected communication channels & methods that is complex and time-consuming. Long-term we are looking to optimise this by introducing a platform that will provide them with single ‘1 stop shop’ dashboard. The platform in essence will facilitate ingestion of a broad range of Control data (from various global sources of data), will carry out Workflow on that data and will present it in a Portal / User Interface. In the short-term we are building out a suite of tactical solutions to front run and refine requirement for the strategic solution.
How are we doing it?
We are using Rapid Application Development principles to swiftly turn requirements in to prototypes, typically delivering to the end users within two weeks.
The role of the Rapid Application Developer is to:
1) Develop an effective set of EUCs to tactically deliver processes, controls and MI for the Markets Control Office.
2) Manage the underlying data in a structured and controlled manner.
3) Provide tactical solutions to controls and MI issues prior to technology funding and build
4) Prototype solutions prior to HOST projects commencing
5) Train staff on use of tools provided
6) Support HOST analysis to transfer functionality from the Markets toolkit to HOST technology solutions as funding permits.
The Markets Tactical Toolkit must:
- Adhere to HSBC EUC policy requirements
- Have appropriate data structure
- Give consideration to entitlements / access
The current Markets Tactical Toolkit includes the following:
- Conduct Metrics toolkit, which incorporates spreadsheets to support country level Conduct reporting as well as data sourcing and manipulation for these reports, utilised by staff in Bangalore.
The Markets Tactical Toolkit is expected to develop the following:
- Front Office Supervisory EUC
- Reporting to support cross asset MI reporting such as Helios issues
- Reporting to support supervisors duties, such as splits of mandatory training and core leave statistics
- Development of supervisory/ management attributes related to staff within the FOS hierarchy
- Delivery of solutions that meet business requirements using technology options available
- Role is an Individual Contributor
- Role holder will work widely with Control Office and change management providing inbound requirements and prioritisation.
- Staff in Bangalore who will be main user base and should include some super users