|Job Type:||Full Time|
The Consumer Division of Symantec is now NortonLifeLock Inc. For comprehensive protection from a global leader in consumer Cyber Safety, visit www.nortonlifelock.com.
We are NortonLifeLock – the world’s largest cyber safety company protecting the digital lives of millions of individuals daily. At $2.5B in revenue we are a multinational enterprise operating one of the world’s largest cyber intelligence networks allowing organizations, governments, and people to secure their most important data wherever it lives. More than 50 million people and families rely on NortonLifeLock’s digital safety platform to help protect their personal information, devices, home networks, and identities at home and across their devices.
We are hiring an EMEA Indirect Tax Manager, responsible for VAT and other indirect tax.
Reporting to the EMEA tax director in Dublin, the Manager will work collaboratively as part of a globally based team to help manage the preparation and support of the Company’s VAT and other indirect filings across the EMEA region. This will include ensuring compliance with all indirect tax filings and payment obligations. This role will also participate in resolution of tax audits and participate in the review, determination, and implementation of ERP and other system changes as they impact tax.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Preparation and filing of indirect tax returns for a number of jurisdictions in region, principally Ireland, UK, Germany, France, Spain
- Review of indirect tax returns in jurisdictions in the region prepared by a third-party service provider
- Ensure general ledger indirect tax accounts are reconciled, prepare analytics for changes in account balances for senior management and provide support for balances during the financial statement process.
- Provision of data to support tax audits.
- Monitoring and communicating impact of changing tax laws, regulations, rulings, procedures
- Participate in review, determination and implementation of ERP and other system changes as they impact tax.
- Support other business units with adhoc queries impacting indirect tax
Knowledge & Experience:
- 3+ years of relevant experience in a Multinational / PLC working environment highly preferred
- AITI or similar qualification required.
- Knowledge of indirect tax for E-commerce
- Strong computer skills, utilizing MS Office, Oracle, Essbase, Business Objects
Skills & Ability:
- Self-motivated with effective project management skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and communication skills to interact with all levels of an organization.
- Exhibit strong analytical thinking, strong writing skills, and ability to work in a fast pace environment with excellent prioritization and organizational skills.
- Demonstrates good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment.
Symantec is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive and accessible environment for all employees. All employment decisions are based on merit, experience, and business needs, without regard to race, color, national origin, age, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth or related medical conditions), genetic information, disability (physical or mental), medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, military or veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local law. Symantec strictly prohibits unlawful discrimination based on such protected characteristics and seeks to recruit the most talented candidates from diverse cultures and backgrounds.
We also consider for employment qualified individuals with arrest and conviction records. In addition, Symantec will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Learn more about pay transparency.