|Job Type:||Full Time|
CIB – EMEA Equity Research – European Diversified Financials – Associate
J.P. Morgan has a unique global franchise in Research and a career within the department is fast-paced, demanding and intellectually stimulating. The main purpose of Equity Research is to provide advice to institutional investors about the stocks they should buy or sell to make profits for their clients and we work closely with colleagues in Equity Sales, Sales-Trading and Trading to deliver the service. Our strong Research franchise with institutional investors, the market insights we develop and the close relationships we establish with the companies we cover are also very valuable to internal clients such as Investment Banking, Derivatives, Credit & Rates and Private Equity.
An opening has arisen for an Associate to work within the Diversified Financials Research team in London. We are seeking a Banking, Accounting or Finance professional with demonstrable related experience and knowledge of Asset Managers, Exchanges and Financial Services companies.
The Candidate will be working within our top rated Team, providing support to the Senior Analysts. The primary responsibilities will initially include:
- Maintaining and updating valuation models and databases
- Preparation of materials for the regular publication of research reports, including data analysis and presentation
- Contribution to writing of research reports, including quarterly results alerts, stock reports and thematic pieces
- Communication with institutional investors and company representatives, as well as internal clients (Sales, Sales-Traders and Traders)
- Passion for the stock market
- Strong analytical, accounting and quantitative skills
- Ability to communicate clearly, concisely and confidently with colleagues across J.P. Morgan and external clients
- Fluency in English is essential, both oral and written
- Ability to produce accurate and detailed materials, while meeting tight deadlines
- Advanced Excel, Word and PowerPoint proficiency
- Data analysis and coding skills (e.g. Python) would be beneficial
- Past experience in Research, particularly Financials or in the fields like FIG, M&A or Accounting would be advantageous.
J.P. Morgan is a leader in financial services, working in collaboration across the globe to deliver the best solutions and advice to meet our clients' needs, anywhere in the world. We operate in 150 countries, and hold leadership positions across our businesses. We have an exceptional team of employees who work hard to do the right thing for our clients and the firm, every day. This is why we are one of the most respected financial institutions in the world - and why we can offer you an outstanding career.
This role encompasses the performance of UK regulated activity. The successful candidate will therefore be subject to meeting UK regulatory requirements in the assessment of fitness, propriety, knowledge and competence (as assessed by the Firm) and (where appropriate) approval by the UK Financial Conduct Authority and/or the Prudential Regulation Authority to carry out such activities.
About J.P. Morgan’s Corporate & Investment Bank:
J.P. Morgan’s Corporate & Investment Bank is a global leader across banking, markets and investor services. The world’s most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. With $18 trillion of assets under custody and $393 billion in deposits, the Corporate & Investment Bank provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk and extends liquidity in markets around the world. Further information about J.P. Morgan is available at www.jpmorgan.com.
JPMorgan Chase & Co. offers an exceptional benefits program and a highly competitive compensation package. JPMorgan Chase & Co. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a member of the UK Government’s Disability Confident Scheme.