|Job Type:||Full Time|
Help us innovate the way we prevent fraud at a cutting-edge, dynamic and high growth fintech company.
GoCardless processes billions in payments each year. Tens of thousands of businesses across the UK and beyond rely on us to handle their payments, and hundreds more sign up every week. As we look to the future, those businesses will be larger, more demanding, and present in multiple countries - and so will we.
The fraud team must ensure that GoCardless adopts, implements and maintains innovative and appropriate fraud prevention processes and controls as we have a duty to banking partners, regulators, schemes, merchants and their customers to review and monitor accounts and transactions with the utmost care.
As a Senior Fraud Analyst, you will be on the front-line of fraud prevention. Ensuring that:
- We are lightning quick to respond to new fraudulent patterns we detect
- Ensure our fraud detection processes are continually evolving to meet the latest fraud challenges
We’re creating a new way to do Risk in Financial Services. We don’t do box-ticking, hide in our Risk corner in the office or employ an army of naysayers.
- ...are ready to serve everyone, if we wanted to - we ensure Risk does not constrain the business but unlocks the potential to serve everyone and achieve our goals while providing the business with a safety net
- ...automate everything we do - we don’t like inefficiencies and believe real risk mitigation cannot be done by throwing people at the problem
- ...create the best possible customer experience - we want our customers (both internal and external) to feel they cannot wait to go through our processes
What you’ll be doing:
- Review individual GoCardless accounts and transactions to identify a host of risky behaviours including fraudulent activity and large credit exposure
- Detecting and evaluating new fraud patterns and implementing controls to mitigate these
- Improving operational processes to ensure that we are:
- Preventing fraud
- Providing our customers with a great experience
- Implementing scalable processes (we believe in quality over quantity)
- Develop, document, and share best practices with the wider Risk team
- Interact with stakeholders on developing fraud prevention strategy and process
What we're looking for:
- You live and breath fraud prevention and have extensive experience in a similar role
- Naturally curious and passionate about risk prevention: if something seems off, you want to investigate what’s going on and solve root problems. You’re not happy to accept “that’s how things have always been done”
- You will have a degree in quantitative analysis or mathematics
- Proven ability to develop and improve processes and demonstrate the impact of these with data
- Proven ability to analyse, evaluate and mitigate fraud risks
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical, investigative and problem-solving skills with an ability to work in a team setting
- Ability to think logically and process information with a high degree of accuracy
- Strong SQL and Excel skills are a must
- Python is an advantage
Our team comes from a variety of backgrounds and we welcome diversity – if you're unsure, please apply.