Job Title: Tender Specialist
Reports to: Senior Director Sales
Job purpose: The tender specialist will be responsible for the support of new business acquisition through the generation of commercial pricing and commercial contracts alongside management of tender function in key countries (France, Spain or the Nordics)
- Manage the Tender function
- Drive the revenue growth of the business by acquiring new business through won tenders in our specific areas of interest.
- Set up and manage tools that allow tenders of interest to be monitored in key market segments and key geographies.
- Vet incoming tenders for strategic fit to Abcam’s areas of interest and pass or reject as appropriate.
- Project manage the timely fulfilment of incoming tenders for areas of interest alongside key commercial stakeholders in sales and marketing.
- Support the Sales and Business Operations functions in pricing decisions for Tenders.
- Manage the Contracts function
- Work with other areas of the business to set up and manage a contracts database with all commercial contracts as records.
- Proactively work with both sales and Customer Service to identify where contractual commitments from customers could benefit both customers and Abcam.
- Working with Abcam legal team, set up contractual infrastructure in key accounts and key customers to gain volume commitment.
- Support the Sales and Business Operations functions in pricing decisions for contracts.
- Use the Sales Cloud CRM system functionality and content to manage key information in contracted customers.
- Provide regular sales forecasts to management regarding both financial and activities conducted in the territory.
- Promptly and professionally reply to customer inquiries and requests
- Work with E-Procurement manager to manage e-pro functionality in accounts.
Summary of Job Requirements:
Education, Training & Qualifications
- BSc or MBA or Paralegal
- experience in protein research, immunology and Immunohistochemistry
- Fluent in English and one other European language
Experience – work, research, voluntary, other
- More than three years of experience in a contracts and tender function.
- in Pharma and Biotech.
- Previous experience in pricing management
Specific skills & abilities
- Proficient in managing customer interface and relationship at a commercial level
- Ability to work cross functionally.
- Project Management
- Experience in selling solutions and services
- Excellent communication skills both written and spoken
- Attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability for problem prevention, detection and resolution.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines
- Travel both domestic and international is required of up to 10%
- This will include face to face meetings with customers, and travelling to sales meetings
Career progression opportunities
- Many opportunities exist for development within the commercial organisation.