|Job Type:||Full Time|
Corporate Finance - Corporate Controller – Associate
Firmwide Controllers is a global organization of approximately 1,500 colleagues. Working together, our strengths and resources enable us to ensure the integrity of the JPMorgan Chase consolidated books and records and the results of individual legal entities within the Firm. The controllership function is focused on ensuring and improving the organization's credibility through accounting, financial controls, systems and reporting.The team is responsible for financial and operational GL accounting activities, internal controls, and financial reporting for the Corporate LOBs (ex CIO, Treasury and Private Equity), as well as centrally managed Firm-wide GL accounting activities.
The individual will primarily be responsible for incentive compensation activities, associated analysis and general ledger reconciliation.
Incentive Compensation accounting (Cash & Deferred compensation elements)
General Ledger bookings/Oversight of monthly GL processes
- Compensation expense analytics and reporting to various internal stakeholders – Line of Business (LOB) Controllers, LOB Finance/Planning & Analysis, Legal Entity Controllers, Senior Financial Officers, Tax, Audit
- Functional HR & Payroll Balance Sheet analytics and reporting
- Balance Sheet Reconciliation and Substantiation
Interaction with key stakeholders: HR teams, Corporate functional teams, LOB Controllers, Finance, Legal Entity Controllers, Tax, External vendors/business partners, internal/external audit groups, and others
- Foreign exchange exposure review and reporting
- Participation in Control related activities – SOX, Risk & Control Self-Assessment
Detailed understanding and documentation of all activities.
Complete required statutory reporting for various entities annually
- 4-8 years of relevant experience required in GL accounting/finance-related areas
- Part or Fully qualified accountant
- Strong US GAAP accounting knowledge
- Structured mind-set with process/continuous improvement orientation
- Proven ability to work well with various partners and customers
- Strong interpersonal and presentation skills
- Strong analytical and financial skills with a track record of execution against deliverables;
- Creative self-starter with strong initiative, ability to take ownership and work independently as well as contribute to the broader team
- Ability to multi-task and succeed in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, multi-national language skills preferable, but not required;
- Experience preferred with automated financial systems, database management, worksheet-modelling tools (Excel).
- Incentive Compensation accounting (Cash and Deferred) experience desirable
“JPMorgan Chase & Co. offers an exceptional benefits program and a highly competitive compensation package. JPMorgan Chase & Co. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a member of the UK Government’s Disability Confident Scheme.”