|Job Type:||Full Time|
LNER is the rail company that stepped in and took over the East Coast mainline after Virgin Trains East Coast. We began our journey on Sunday 24 June 2018 and we have ambitious plans to change the face of train travel. We want to create a service everybody loves, that our people are proud to work for and helps the communities that we’re part of, to flourish.
We kept our promise to maintain a seamless transition between old and new. While doing that, we launched the future of rail travel, with our new Azuma train. It’s already a great success, introducing more seats, more space and above all, punctuality.
Whether you’re nipping to your auntie’s for cake and a cuppa, braving a meeting with the boss or treating the kids to a day of candy floss and sandy toes. We’re with you. Making it happen. Connecting towns and cities, people and places with pride.
Everything we do at LNER is geared towards delivering great experiences for our passengers, our colleagues and our communities.
Together, we’re driving innovation and transforming rail travel. By being on time, having more trains and more seats, to the huge leaps in engineering like our stunning Azuma train.
People, places and moving forward are top of our list. We embrace the communities that we operate in, welcome change and are determined to constantly improve everyone’s travel experience across the nation. Not only that, our team is proud to be part of LNER and because of this, they deliver a great service. A service better than anyone else because they care a little bit more.
That’s what makes us LNER.
Business Sales Manager
The North & Scotland (based in Edinburgh)
The job sounds good doesn't it…? We hardly needed to write an advert…
But we did think you'd like to know a few ins and outs about this excellent opportunity we have to offer. If you want to find out more, read on, if we got you at the job title what are you waiting for…? APPLY NOW!
Here at LNER we have gone through a year of massive change since being re-branded, and earlier this year we made some significant changes to help us deliver the best performing railway in the UK and to deliver the best customer experience across our historic route.
The Business Sales Manager (Scotland and North) is responsible for driving revenue, journey and yield growth across the business sales channel. The business sales channel constitutes Travel Management Companies, Corporate Clients and SMEs.
Business Sales will come indirectly to LNER via third parties. With that in mind, the role requires ownership of business sales routes to market including Trainline and Evolvi, as well as the management and development of our online platform, LNER4Business.
You will be jointly responsible for developing and maintaining a business channel sales plan and ensuring that this supports the direction of the LNER Business Plan. They will manage a portfolio of selected high value TMCs and Corporate clients whilst driving new client acquisition with the support of a Business Sales Executive. The BSM will line manage a Business Sales Executive.
You will obtain and share insight from the channel enabling LNER to be agile and make informed strategic decisions. You'll promote the voice of business sales internally and contribute meaningfully to broader pricing and revenue management direction including fares rounds, taking responsibility for the evolution of the business channel range of fares and for the governance and justification of client commercial agreements. You'll also own client CRM, our business marketing campaigns (OOH, digital, trade press), client communications and advocate targeted social media and PR.
As well as driving the more measurable results for the channel, we'd love you to drive exposure and reputational gain for LNER in the regions and nationally. This could be through trade associations, relevant memberships and/or networking. Central to your focus will be the launch and ongoing delivery of our new fleet and our timetable developments.
So; what would you be doing…?
- Develop and maintain the business channel plan – TMC, Corp, SME – ensure this dovetails into the LNER Business Plan
- Derive clear targets for the channel and hit the numbers
- Line manage and develop the Business Sales Executive
- Manage a portfolio of high value TMC/Corp clients, managing and keep record of business cases and commercial agreements
- Own relationship with the TISs including Trainline and Evolvi
- Light touch account manage our top LNER4B SMEs and acquire new TMC, Corp and SME clients
- Promote CEM and VOC activation - Joined up approach to customer messaging (strikes, disruption, overcrowding and more)
- Manage channel specific CRM and Comms
- Engage with PR and Social for targeted channel work
- Drive exposure and visibility in respective regions and work with RCMs. Drive exposure and visibility through the trade (associations, events, memberships - regionally and nationally)
- Evolve and grow MICE offer for business market
- Own the ‘Business Hub' on lner.co.uk
- Own and evolve the business channel fares ecosystem, delivering innovation, lead the way, win accolades
Got your attention yet…? Of course, with this being such a specialist role, there are a few ‘must haves'…
What do we need you to have…?
- Degree or equivalent with a good level of numerical reasoning, ability to analyse and interpret data
- Relevant experience in a commercial role within Account or Sales Management
- Previous experience of working with corporate clients, TMCs and/or SMEs
- People management experience with strong stakeholder management skills and first class organisational skills
- Strong business / commercial acumen, aligned with excellent negotiation skills
- Knowledge of LNER business and its markets and a sound knowledge of Rail Industry retailing, distribution and TMC ways of working
- Good understanding of how third party / corporate and TMC sales drives profitability in a business
- Extensive knowledge of Travel Trade procedures, remuneration structures and strategic position with corporate buyers
- A good network, very well connected with good all-round travel industry knowledge
- Highly developed presentation, communication and interpersonal skills who is enthusiastic, self-motivated and a strong team player
Want to be the custodian for all thing's sales LNER? Are you ready to be part of a high performing team? It's time to update your CV and click ‘apply'
We look forward to reading over your application.
What We Offer
We’re very picky about who works for LNER. So when you wear the LNER uniform, you have to be at the top of your game. Our customers expect the very best service and we expect you to deliver it.
In return, you’ll receive a competitive salary. Oh, and throw in a benefits package traditionally described as ‘generous’.
- Free travel on LNER trains for you and your dependants
- 75% off other Train operating companies (again for you and your dependants)
- Discounted international travel after one years service
- 50% discount for friend and family
- Generous pension scheme
Along with various schemes and offers
What happens next?
We promise we’ll let you know as soon as we can the outcome of your application and/or any testing you do.
If you are successful, you’ll be invited along to an interview or to take part in one of our assessment centres. These can include interview, group exercise, role play, or more tests (we have lots of industry standard tests that help us keep everyone safe!). During these sessions, we’ll get to know more about you and you can also make sure we are right for you – it’s a two-way process!