|Job Type:||Full Time|
Internal Audit is an independent function that provides objective assurance guided by a philosophy of adding value to improve the operations of the organization. It assists the organization in accomplishing its objectives by bringing a systematic and disciplined approach to evaluate and improve the effectiveness of the organization's governance, risk management, and internal control processes. The team’s priorities are focused on strong governance, transparency, strategic engagement and fostering a diverse and inclusive culture that focuses on people development.
Within the Audit Department, the Asset & Wealth Management (AWM) Audit team is responsible for assessing the adequacy of the control environment across the AWM. This is achieved through a program of audit coverage performed and managed by a team of integrated business, technology and corporate sector specialists and coordinated on a global basis with colleagues in US and Asia.
The Asset Management (AM) Audit Team is responsible for assessing the adequacy of the control environments across the AM businesses. This is achieved through a program of audit coverage which is performed and managed by a global team of integrated business and technology specialists.
We are looking for a London-based Senior Auditor in the AM EMEA Audit team. The applicant must be an experienced professional who possesses strong auditing skills, robust knowledge of the asset management business, financial instruments and products, and solid understanding of the fiduciary activities and related internal controls systems within a financial institution.
The focus is predominantly on AM businesses in London and other European branches; however, the successful candidate will also have the opportunity to participate in audits covering other areas of the AWM EMEA business (for example, Wealth Management), where opportunities arise.
As a member of the AM Audit Team, you will be asked to represent the audit department locally with management, review the audit coverage to ensure local requirements/activities are captured, and help communicate audit findings with local stakeholders. This role will include the opportunity on occasion to manage audits and staff, interacting with senior management and executing planning, fieldwork and reporting. This role provides an opportunity to gain an understanding of the AM business and work with the stakeholders to improve the control environment and implement operational efficiencies.
- Executing and leading complex audit engagements from planning to reporting and delivering quality products within department and professional standards
- Assist in all aspects of audits including risk assessments, audit planning, audit testing, control evaluation, report drafting and follow up and verification of issue closure.
- Set performance expectations and provide coaching and developmental guidance to staff for the duration of the audit
- Provide continuous monitoring coverage, identification of risk trends and maintain stakeholder relationships within Asset Management, creating continuous monitoring events as necessary
- Establish strong work relationships with Asset Management business management and other control groups (Risk, Compliance, etc.)
- Work closely with other regional/global business and information technology audit colleagues within the Asset Management team in the early identification of emerging control issues and reporting them timely to Audit management and business stakeholders
- Perform detailed control assessments and test work across multiple Asset Management functions and processes
- Document audit results and communicate issues to management, identifying opportunities for improvement in the design and effectiveness of key controls.
- Ensure audits are completed timely and within specified timeframe and budgets
- Stay current with evolving industry and regulatory changes, and analyze impact to business objectives, processes, and compliance
- Communicate and share subject matter expertize within the audit department on activities and regulatory / fiduciary (OCC 12 CFR9, FCA COBS, MIFID) requirements, as applicable.
- Employ data analytics where applicable to maximize the efficiency of sampling.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent. Relevant audit/accounting (e.g. ACA, CIA), business (e.g. MBA) or industry qualifications (e.g. CFIRS, CFA, CAIA, FRM, IMC) preferred.
- Relevant financial services industry experience, preferably within Audit or risk and control functions.
- Solid knowledge of products and services provided within an asset management business (e.g., portfolio management, trading, risk management, due diligence, fund of fund investments, fund administration and management, operations), including related fiduciary activities
- Perform audit work in accordance with department and professional standards and complete assignments in an efficient manner.
- Knowledge of applicable laws and regulatory requirements related to asset management such as UCITs, AIFMD, MIFID, OCC 12 CFR 9, and ERISA
- Excellent communication (i.e., verbal and written) and interpersonal skills, with the ability to present complex and sensitive issues to senior management and influence change.
- Strong analytical skills particularly in regard to assessing the probability and impact of an internal control weakness
- Proven ability to build strong partnerships with key stakeholders, desire to learn quickly, be flexible and think strategically
- Ability to manage multiple tasks or audits concurrently in an efficient and effective manner and with minimal supervision.
- Works well individually, and in teams, shares information, supports colleagues and encourages participation
- Strong skills in time management and problem solving
- Enthusiastic, self-motivated and effective under pressure
- Flexibility to travel as required (up to 15% within EMEA).
JPMorgan Chase & Co. is a leading global financial services firm with assets of more than $2.6 trillion, over 240,000 employees and operations in over 60 countries. It operates across four business segments including Asset & Wealth Management, Corporate and Investment Banking, Commercial Banking and Consumer and Community Banking.
J.P. Morgan Asset & Wealth Management advises institutions, endowments, foundations and families through Asset Management and Wealth Management. Our Wealth Management business includes J.P. Morgan Private Bank, J.P. Morgan Securities and Chase Wealth Management.
J.P. Morgan Private Bank advises the world’s wealthiest families and helps them achieve their desired goals. Our teams of Advisors deliver advice, solutions and services across investments, wealth planning, credit and banking to help clients build, preserve and manage their wealth over time.
Our team of specialists works seamlessly to help our clients achieve their financial goals and aspirations. We’re proud to be named ‘2017 Best Private Bank for Ultra-High-Net-Worth Clients’ by Euromoney: Egypt, France, Greece, Italy, Lebanon, Qatar, Spain, United Arab Emirates and UK.
JPMorgan Chase & Co. offers an exceptional benefits program and a highly competitive compensation package. JPMorgan Chase & Co. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To be considered for this role, you may be required to complete the video interview powered By HireVue.