|Job Type:||Full Time|
Job Title: CIB - Securities Services - Audit Associate
J.P. Morgan is a leader in financial services, working in collaboration across the globe to deliver the best solutions and advice to meet our clients’ needs, anywhere in the world. We operate in 150 countries, and hold leadership positions across our businesses. We have an exceptional team of employees who work hard to do the right thing for our clients and the firm, every day. This is why we are the most respected financial institution in the world – and why we can offer you an outstanding career.
The Internal Audit Department provides the Board of Directors, senior management and regulators with an independent assessment of JPMorgan Chase's (‘JPMC’) control environment. Audit works closely with the Lines of Business (‘LOBs’) and their support functions to achieve its mission through the execution of a comprehensive audit program designed to test the effectiveness of the controls in place to mitigate the risks inherent in each business. The department is respected throughout the firm for the calibre of the staff and their ability to add value beyond the audit opinion. Globally, Internal Audit has in excess of 1,000 auditors.
The individual will be responsible for assessing the adequacy of the control environment within the EMEA Securities Services business. The position, which is based in Bournemouth, is part of the EMEA Securities Services Audit team responsible for the audit coverage across EMEA for Global Custody, Fund Services, Alternatives, Agency Lending and Agency Collateral Management. However, the individual may have opportunity to participate in the broader CIB audits in addition to Securities Services audits.
The individual must be an experienced professional, possess strong project management skills, have relationship management capabilities and ideally, audit experience to some of the above businesses. Any knowledge of the UK / European regulatory framework is an advantage.
- Execute and document audits with limited supervision to a high standard in accordance with department and professional standards.
- Evaluate, test and report on the adequacy and effectiveness of the control environment.
- Analyse risks and proactively identify the root cause of issues.
- Finalise audit findings and use judgment to provide an overall opinion on the control environment.
- Communicate audit results and issues in a clear and concise manner, both verbally and in writing.
- Employ computer-assisted auditing tools and identify opportunities for the use of continuous monitoring and automated auditing.
- Business and Industry Knowledge – demonstrable knowledge, and experience of performing audit work across Securities Services products, in particular global custody and fund administration.
- Methodology & Analytical Skills – detailed understanding of internal control and risk assessment concepts and strong analytical skills to assess the impact of control weaknesses.
- Communication - Strong verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to present complex and sensitive issues in a persuasive manner.
- Leadership - adapts to a changing environment, monitor progress and timely deliver a high quality end product. Enthusiastic, self-motivated and effective under pressure.
- Accountability – proven ability to support execution of audits / projects. Seeks ways to increase efficiency and effectiveness of work performed. Willing to take personal responsibility/accountability.
- Project management - ability to assess priorities, participate in audit assignments and execute assigned audit tasks in a team environment.
- Education to degree standard (or equivalent) in an Accounting, Finance, Economics or related discipline is preferred.
- Recognized Audit qualification is desirable although not mandatory.
- Enthusiastic, self-motivated, strong interest in learning, effective under pressure and willing to take personal responsibility/accountability.
- Knowledge of applicable European regulations impacting Securities Services.
- Experience working with data analytics and, any or all of the following would be beneficial: Alteryx, Qlikview, Tableau, Business Objects.
About J.P. Morgan’s Corporate & Investment Bank:
J.P. Morgan’s Corporate & Investment Bank is a global leader across banking, markets and investor services. The world’s most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. With $18 trillion of assets under custody and $393 billion in deposits, the Corporate & Investment Bank provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk and extends liquidity in markets around the world. Further information about J.P. Morgan is available at www.jpmorgan.com.
JPMorgan Chase & Co. offers an exceptional benefits program and a highly competitive compensation package. JPMorgan Chase & Co. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a member of the UK Government’s Disability Confident Scheme.