|Job Type:||Full Time|
The Group Financial Reporting team will be responsible for all the financial requirements at the Group level. The team will also be responsible for setting Group policy in response to changes in the accounting standards as well as thought leadership on such issues outside of the Finance function.
The successful candidate will therefore be responsible for assisting the Head of Group Financial Reporting in the development and implementation of an overall plan for delivery of existing reporting requirements in conjunction with other areas of the Group. Production of relevant accounting reports for senior management and shareholders, communicating the implications to the Group of adopting specified accounting policies and changes to statutory reporting standards and implementing those changes will be key elements of this role.
Reporting to the Head of Group Financial Reporting, the successful candidate will be responsible for a team of two direct reports.
The role will principally be based in London.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Assisting with the formulation and implementation of accounting policies for the Group under International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS);
- Implementing the timetable for delivery of the annual and interim financial statements;
- Undertaking the delivery of the annual and interim financial statements for the Group, together with related analysis of the financial results for both the plc board and external investors;
- Implementing a process of continual improvement in the Group Consolidation process;
- Implementing an overall Group accounting manual in conjunction with the management accounting function;
- Assisting with the assessment and communication of the impact on the Group of future changes in accounting standards and implementing any necessary changes;
- Assisting with the development of a central advisory function to assist in the implementation of Group accounting policies across all areas of the Group;
- Maintaining the Group Chart of Accounts in both the Group’s core general ledger systems;
- Undertaking detailed investigation work into specific areas of the Group financial statements.
- Instigating, where necessary, communication and liaison with key stakeholders of the team, being:
- Tax department
- External auditors
- Group Company Secretariat
- External actuaries
- Management Reporting
- Subsidiary Reporting
- Business Support Team
The successful candidate will be a qualified accountant with a strong background in financial reporting under IFRS. The experience will either have been gained within industry or within an audit firm. The successful candidate will be able to:
- Command respect and influence across the business by developing close and effective working relationships with management both within finance and across other areas of the business;
- Demonstrate a good technical knowledge of IFRS and the interaction with UK Company Law;
- Demonstrate awareness of the commercial implications of changes in financial reporting;
- Ability to manage projects and engage stakeholders;
- Ability to work under own initiative and drive change;
- Strategic mind and ability to think outside of the box; and
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
Experience and Skills:
Demonstrable Post Qualified Experience
Education and Qualifications:
Qualified Accountant or equivalent.