|Job Type:||Full Time|
Who we're looking for
We are looking for an Operational Risk Manager to join the Enterprise Risk, Group Risk team in London, and reporting into the Head of Operational Risk Assessment. You will focus on ensuring our Wealth Management business is embedded with the operational risk framework across our global offices.
We're a global investment manager. We help institutions, intermediaries and individuals around the world invest money to meet their goals, fulfil their ambitions, and prepare for the future.
We have around 4,000 people on six continents. And we’ve been around for over 200 years, but keep adapting as society and technology changes. What doesn't change is our commitment to helping our clients, and society, prosper.
The Group Risk function includes the following teams:
- Credit Risk;
- Enterprise Risk, including Operational Risk, Business Continuity and Resilience, Specialist Risk Oversight, Group Policy Framework and Governance, and Risk Capital;
- Investment Risk, including Quantitative Methodologies;
- Insurance Risk.
The Group Operational Risk team is part of the second line of defence and provides oversight across Schroders. The team is responsible for providing the tools and framework for managing operational risk, and works closely with the first line of defence and other control functions.
In detail, the team;
- Defines the Group's operational risk framework, including policy and risk appetite;
- Develops and maintains the Group's operational risk system, Archer;
- Provides the methodology, support and oversight of the Risk and Control Assessments (RCAs) completed by the first line of defence, including those for new products, end to end processes, new clients, and business change;
- Chairs the Significant Risk Events Forum where material operational risk events and lessons learned are discussed;
- Provides management information to key committees, including the Group Risk Committee, Board Audit and Risk Committee and entity Boards;
- Performs scenario analysis to estimate the Group's operational risk capital requirement;
- Project manages the Internal Controls report (ISAE3402 / AAF 01/06);
- Provides training and advice to business areas;
What you'll do
The role will focus on our Wealth Management business, ensuring the Operational Risk framework is embedded across all the countries we operate in, specifically;
- Administer the risk framework, systems and tools for operational risk management across Wealth Management, including operational risk management policy framework
- Facilitate and lead the Risk and Control Assessment process across Wealth Management
- Produce control reports and MI for the Governing Boards and Senior Committees
- Supporting and training the 1st line in all aspects of operational risk
- Analysis and reporting of operational risk MI including RCAs, risk events and issues for senior committees;
- Facilitating the investigation of significant risk events, including escalations;
- Participate and contribute in the Investment Risk Committee and Wealth Planning Oversight Committee
- Lead, participate and contribute to the S&Co Risk Forum
The knowledge, experience and qualifications you need
- Demonstrable experience in a Wealth Management business a must
- Strong risk management background
- Proactive approach;
- Strong written communication skills and attention to detail: the ability to write accurate, clear risk reports appropriate for the relevant audience;
- Good organisational and time management skills;
- An aptitude to learn how to use a new system quickly and to be able to explain its functionality to others;
- Analytical with logic and problem solving skills;
- Excellent interpersonal skills, the ability to discuss complex issues at a senior level and a team-player attitude;
- An ability to deal with sensitive issues;
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft PowerPoint, Word and Excel.
The knowledge, experience and qualifications that will help
- Assurance / audit experience
- Wealth Management / Risk Management experience
We're looking for the best, whoever they are
Schroders is an equal opportunities employer. You're welcome here whatever your sex, marital status, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, religious belief or age.