|Job Type:||Full Time|
We are looking for an experienced Project Manager to join the Programmes team within the Outdoor division. Reporting to the Director of Programmes - Outdoor, this role will be responsible for ensuring an integrated estate quality programme, which meets the requirements of Partnership franchises, industry legal and safety standards.
What you’ll be doing
- Successfully deliver a programme which brings the condition of the assets up to a structurally safe and aesthetically acceptable standard across different formats and environments and ensure structural and electrical certification is achieved.
- Facilitation of internal teams to meet project actions, deliverables and deadlines
- Ensure that the project is planned, led and executed so that goals are met through adherence to budgets and timelines
- Instill project governance across the project to drive a consistent approach to managing and delivering business goals.
- Timely and insightful governance that allows rapid decision making and remedial/recovery plans
- Manage scope and project costs throughout the project life; this will include establishing robust information flows and change control to ensure critical success factors are achieved
- Manage contractors to ensure they meet programme plans and agreed standards
- Improve project delivery, driving measurable development in our management of risk
- Engage with key project stakeholders to ensure appropriate information is communicated
- Stakeholder management that will include working with directors and senior managers from Operations, finance and Legal as well as a range of external contractors and suppliers.
- Provide visibility of project status to Global and key stakeholder through regular and effective reporting. This will also include developing and giving compelling presentations.
- Ensure that all legislative compliance and environment standards are adhered to
- Work within appropriate and agreed project management controls
- Produce, communicate and maintain high quality project documentation
- Hand the assets back into operation, with full acceptance from the operational business
You’ll have these skills and experience
Highly competent in delivery of business information, risks, issues and challenges to senior managers and stakeholders for decision making and influencing. Ability to articulate complex information and issues in an impactful way.
Competent in networking, managing virtual teams and stakeholders to align common business goals.
Client Partner Focus:
To work with internal and/or external clients and partners to understand their priorities, issues and success measures.
To build positive relationships, looking for win-win solutions in order to drive performance for the good of the organisation and partner.
To understand, respect and respond to others’ priorities and needs, working in partnership to achieve best outcome that benefits the organisation as a whole.
To set standards and goals for self and others that will result in achieving and exceeding expectations
To demonstrate resilience, energy and drive to both ensure successful programme delivery, and to be able to recover failing or delayed project delivery
- Safety critical, engineering and construction installation projects, with experience gained in roadside or rail environments
- Construction and/ or engineering industries experience delivering significant capital investment.
- Experience of maintenance services and regimes
- Evidenced experience of managing contractors and suppliers
- Governance and Risk management
- Sector experience: 1 or more from Construction, Engineering & Technology, Transport and Distribution Infrastructure
- Technology and digital knowledge an advantage.
- Excellent IT skills including working knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet and presentation software packages, preferably Microsoft Office Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Safety training/certification in for example IOSH, NEBOSH, COSHH
- Civil, Mechanical or electrical engineering qualifications – e.g. HND/Degree
- Project Management trained/qualified – PRINCE2, Agile, AMPM
On top of that, you’ll be someone who
- Very safety conscious and compliant
- Comfortable operating in a fast paced, highly commercial, matrix environment
- Ability to review situations from a number of different perspectives
- Provides challenging and stretching targets and assignments
- Dynamic, innovative and results-orientated Project Manager
- Demonstrable experience of managing the delivery of projects
- Commercial, numerate and financially literate
- Structured and organised – with appropriate level to detail, and ability to quickly drive to the root cause of problems and help generate solutions/recovery
- Competent in the identification and management of risk