|Job Type:||Full Time|
- This project will take the extensive data mapping undertaken and then build and deliver a detailed, tender strategy across a number of operational functions including fixing and posting, production services, maintenance and ‘other’ utilities.
- The project will also ensure that the results of the tender plan are followed through in a timely manner and services and contract changes fully embedded into the operation.
- The aims of this project are to successfully deliver the strategy, realise the benefits for the business and embed the transformation without impacting client services, quality of operations or the safety of those working or travelling on our estates. Successful delivery of the project on-time, to budget and agreed scope.
What you’ll be doing
- Manage full contractor and supplier tender processes
- Manage contractors and suppliers to ensure they meet programme plans and agreed commitments and timescales
- Ensure sufficient information and guidance is issued to contractors and suppliers to enable them to provide accurate costs through scope understanding, so that budgetary plans can be achieved.
- Facilitate internal teams to ensure actions and timescales adhere to the critical path
- Help identify and prioritise the key opportunities for cost efficiency to realise maximum direct cost run rate savings in 2020/21 – without negatively impacting service
- Effectively reduce the number of suppliers and realise economies of scale
- Simplify the number of contracts – and get all key suppliers and contractors into formal contracts
- Implement a Contract Management framework to ensure all contracts are owned managed and reviewed effectively, fulfilling their service requirements and meeting budget and performance expectations
Facilitate the refresh of contract terms to ensure areas like safety, environment, quality, payment terms are fit for purpose in the Global context
Reduce the reliance on single sourced suppliers and build in operational resilience through the transition across the key teams
Help identify and justify areas that need investment
- Improve project delivery, driving measurable development in the management of risk
- Engage with key project stakeholders to ensure appropriate information is communicated
- Ensure that all legislative procurement standards are adhered to
- Accurately report on the project progress in line with business requirements
- Actively manage and report on the project risks throughout the life of the project
- Work within appropriate and agreed project management and procurement controls
- Produce, communicate and maintain high quality project documentation
You’ll have these skills and experience
Highly competent in delivery of business information, risks, issues and challenges to senior managers and stakeholders for decision making and influencing. Ability to articulate complex information and issues in an impactful way.
Competent in networking, managing virtual teams and stakeholders to align common business goals.
Client Partner Focus:
To work with internal clients to understand their priorities, issues and success measures
To work with external suppliers and contractors to manage the changes in a professional manner such that business operations are not impacted
To build positive relationships, looking for win-win solutions in order to drive performance for the good of the organisation
To understand, respect and respond to others’ priorities and needs, working in partnership to achieve best outcome that benefits the organisation as a whole.
To set standards and goals for self and others that will result in achieving and exceeding expectations
To demonstrate resilience, energy and drive to both ensure successful programme delivery, and to be able to recover failing or delayed project delivery
On top of that, you’ll be someone who
- Comfortable operating in a fast paced, highly commercial, matrix environment
- Ability to review situations from a number of different perspectives
Provides challenging and stretching targets and assignments
- Dynamic, innovative and results-orientated Project Manager
- Demonstrable experience of managing the delivery of projects
- Commercial, numerate and financially literate
- Structured and organised – with appropriate level to detail, and ability to quickly drive to the root cause of problems and help generate solutions/recovery