|Job Type:||Full Time|
As a global investment manager, we help institutions, intermediaries and individuals across the planet meet their goals, fulfil their ambitions, and prepare for the future. But as the world changes, so do our clients’ needs. That’s why we have a long history of adapting to suit the times and keeping our focus on what matters most to our clients.
Doing this takes experience and expertise. We bring together people and data to spot the trends that will shape the future. This provides a unique perspective which allows us to always invest with conviction. We are responsible for £418.2 billion (€476.3 billion/$543.3 billion)* of assets for our clients who trust us to deliver sustainable returns. We remain determined to build future prosperity for them, and for all of society. Today, we have 4,100 people across six continents who focus on doing just this.
We are a global business that’s managed locally. This allows us to always keep our clients’ needs at the heart of everything we do. For over two centuries and more than seven generations we’ve grown and developed our expertise in tandem with our clients’ needs and interests. Explore our interactive timeline to see how we’ve been shaping financial futures since our very beginnings.
Group Procurement is a function within Schroders that reports to the Group Financial Controller. The function delivers commercial expertise to protect and maximise value across the full procurement lifecycle supporting the delivery of Schroders’ corporate strategy. Group Procurement has a global responsibility to provide oversight of Schroders’ supply chain.
Who we're looking for
- A motivated detail orientated individual used to working in a dynamic team environment
- A team player who is equally comfortable working independently
- An individual capable of using their existing Procurement expertise to maximise the long term value from all that Schroders procures
What you'll need to do
The Procurement Buyer’ s responsibilities shall include but not be limited to the following:
- Support and lead strategic sourcing, contract and supplier assurance in support of business
- Contribute to the overall procurement/finance strategic goals
- Capture all contract and supplier related information to enable proficient reporting
- Determine and deliver the appropriate approach to market, optimum commercial models and supplier relationships for a product/service across a spectrum of business areas.
- Work closely with internal business colleagues to understand their requirements, mapping these to the sourcing strategy in line with overall procurement strategy.
- Provide procurement services that deliver maximum commercial advantage to Schroders including selection and application of appropriate procurement processes for a particular product/service.
- Develop stakeholder relationships, challenging and influencing to ensure the best outcome for Schroders.
- Negotiate appropriate commercial and contractual arrangements with suppliers for all products/services.
- Champion continual improvement and procurement best practice within the global business.
The knowledge, skills and qualifications we're looking for
- Demonstrable experience operating in a commercially focussed / strategic procurement team
- Proactivity, positivity and tenacity; possesses strong intellectual curiosity in the work Group Procurement and Schroders does and the impact we have on the market
- Notable level of procurement delivery including RFx, market analysis, supplier management and oversight.
- Contract review and data capture to enable reporting and oversight
- Flexible approach to work with an ability to adapt to change
- Excellent levels of communication, able to influence and persuade others, whilst building strong working relationships
- Track record of global/regional delivery across complex environments
- Demonstrable experience of utilising and managing procurement systems and tools
- Strong analytics experience in order to understand and interpret information, bringing insight
- Excellent organisation, presentation and problem solving skills
- Strong negotiation skills
- Excellent IT and numeracy skills
What you'll be like
The individual applying should be
- Capable of remaining positive when under pressure
- Friendly, approachable, enjoys working and contributing to the team
- Able to work with minimal supervision in a dynamic and time critical environment
- Have a continuous improvement mind-set and be willing to challenge the status quo and seek self improvement
- Earn respect from colleagues and willing to complete tasks at either end of the complexity spectrum.
- Able to work from our HQ in London.
The above list is not intended to be exhaustive, the role-holder is expected to do anything and everything necessary to ensure efficiency of process and client satisfaction on delivery process on all fronts, at all times.
To apply, please visit www.schroders.com/careers.
Schroders is an equal opportunities employer. You're welcome here whatever your sex, marital status, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, religious belief or age.
If you want to know more about Schroders, have a look at www.schroders.com.