|Job Type:||Full Time|
Global is one of the world’s leading Media & Entertainment groups. As the UK’s largest commercial radio company, Global reaches more than 32 million people every week including 25 million on the radio alone through its respected media brands; Capital, Heart, Classic FM, Smooth, LBC, Radio X, Capital XTRA and Gold. Global recently moved into outdoor advertising following the major acquisitions of Primesight, Outdoor Plus and Exterion Media. With over 250,000 outdoor advertising points, Global is one of the largest outdoor advertising companies in Europe. The company headquarters is in London’s iconic Leicester Square.
Senior Broadcast Journalist
We require a passionate and experienced Senior Broadcast Journalist to join Global's newsroom in the South as a field reporter, mainly based out of Kent but there may be a requirement to work across the wider south patch.
You will be creative, have a fantastic voice and great writing skills. You’ll be producing exciting content for Global’s Newsroom bulletins on Capital, Heart, Smooth, LBC, LBC London News, Classic FM, Radio X and Gold.
What we expect of you:
- You will have a broadcast journalism qualification, and relevant experience of broadcasting both live and pre-recorded news bulletins and live broadcasts from the scene of a breaking news story.
- You should be experienced at ‘on-location’ reporting, bulletin editing and online/digital production.
- You should have a good understanding of the region in which you are working and the key issues facing that region. Excellent networking skills are required; you should be contributing to an effective contacts database.
- You will be able to create original news content that will appeal to our local and national audiences on-air and on-line.
- You'll also make sure that everything you do is compliant with legal and broadcast regulations, and consistent with Global's values and standards.
- You'll be using a full range of multi-media tools to research, write, and edit online news, as well as creating engaging content on our Twitter accounts complete with videos and audio links.
- A full, clean UK Driving License is essential.
What you'll be doing:
We want you to be passionate about news, and eager to investigate and create your own unique and exclusive stories. You will be confident working on your own and under the of and your Regional News Editor and Deputy News Editor to provide on-target, agenda-setting news content. News happens 24/7 and this isn’t a ‘normal’ office job. With your commanding on-air presence, you’ll cover all big local stories on Global’s local and national platforms.
Who you will work with:
- Regional News Editor
- Deputy Regional News Editor
- Regional and London News Teams
- LBC Producers
- Group News management