|Job Type:||Full Time|
As a member of our Software Engineering Group we look first and foremost for people who are passionate around solving business problems through innovation & engineering practices. You will be required to apply your depth of knowledge and expertise to all aspects of the software development lifecycle, as well as partner continuously with your many stakeholders on a daily basis to stay focused on common goals. We embrace a culture of experimentation and constantly strive for improvement and learning. You’ll work in a collaborative, trusting, thought-provoking environment—one that encourages diversity of thought and creative solutions that are in the best interests of our customers globally.
We are seeking a technically strong, disciplined developer having design and implementation experience. Working closely with QR, Trading, Sales and Middle Office teams, you will be called upon to deliver quality code in a fast paced environment that evolves as business opportunities present themselves.
Example of projects include:
- Logistics operations related to the bullion physical and clearing business
- Marking tools for the traders to mark where they see products in the market trading
- Live risk tools which show the traders their real time risk and P&L (profit and loss)
- Analytic tools for the traders to view data in a way that helps them analyse the market to make good trades.
- Reporting tools which help the sales/trading automate reports to send to them and the clients
- Day to day support of the trader's business functions
- Assisting the traders, sales and operations people directly to generate revenue
The platform is a python-based one although python skills are not a strict requirement. The London team integrates within a more global one (with Singapore, New York and Houston), mirroring the business set-up.
- Strong technical skills are an absolute must - ideally python but also open to other OO backgrounds (Java, C++, .Net).
- Process design and technical architecture.
- Ability to coach, teach and document.
The hiring manager for this job opening would welcome a conversation about flexible working. This could range from ad hoc flexibility in a full time position, to a more formal Flexible Work Arrangement.
Our Corporate & Investment Bank relies on innovators like you to build and maintain the technology that helps us safely service the world’s important corporations, governments and institutions. You’ll develop solutions for a bank entrusted with holding $18 trillion of assets and $393 billion in deposits. CIB provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk, and extends liquidity in markets spanning over 100 countries around the world.
At JPMorgan Chase& Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we’re building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you’re looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.
All internal moves will normally take place on the same grade and same salary. Salaries are reviewed annually in February. Exceptions to the rule regarding transfer on current salary may include a move between geographic locations.
@2019 JPMorgan Chase & Co. JPMorgan Chase is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.