Role Title: Quantitative Analyst
PC Global Analytics is a global function with representation in London, Paris, New York, Hong Kong and other financial centres. It is part of Group Finance with reporting lines to Product Control.
PC Global Analytics aims to ensure that derivatives pricings are at market standards and compliant with regulatory rules. It develops a robust framework in C++ and Python to distribute its quantitative solutions to all 40 Global Markets locations.
This role is for PC Global Analytics, within the Credit derivatives and liquidity work-stream, and will report into the head of the work-stream. The person will be working on maintaining, implementing and developing quantitative methodologies for fair value, prudent valuation and liquidity analytics, in particular developing advanced analytics leveraging Machine-Learning for automation and forecasting.
- The individual would provide quantitative support to Product Control, key liquidity management stakeholders, work on addressing model findings and deficiencies, and will work closely with Model Review functions.
Impact on Business
- Development and implementation of data-driven analytics and machine learning tools within existing Python Library
- Work on definition and implementation of Credit derivatives valuation and liquity analytics methodology.
- Establishing suitable governance for statistical / machine leaning – based models and approaches
Customers / Stakeholders
- PC senior management, Project Sponsors, Project Managers, GB&M business and Management Office, BSM, ALCM, banking regulators.
Leadership & Teamwork
- Work with other areas within PC Analytics, Finance IT, Product Control, Group Finance, Liaise and work together with key stakeholders.
Operational Effectiveness & Control
- Encourage efficient and streamlined processes for PC Global Analytics.
- Ensure policy / methodology consistence across all business areas as well as across all sites globally
- maintain HSBC internal control standards, including timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external Regulators;
- understand and ensure compliance with all relevant internal and external rules, regulations and procedures that apply to the conduct of the areas in which you are involved specifically Internal
- Controls and any Compliance policy including, inter alia, the Group Compliance policy
- Ensure that there is full compliance with the Global Markets FIM
- Delivery of concise and explainable results coming from statistical / ML techniques.
- Ensure deliverables are aligned to expectations and timelines, ability to work under pressure
- Ensure our models and methodologies are compliant with regulatory requirements
- Ability to adapt to sudden changes in requirements and managing stakeholder expectations
- Communication with various key stakeholders globally
- Ensuring accuracy and high quality of deliverables
- Establish close links with Product Control, Finance IT and Business Stakeholders
- Assist in addressing regulatory driven initiatives and change.
- Close working contact with senior managers (from the Business, Product Control and Market Risk).
- Maintenance of excellent relationships with internal clients and external auditors / regulators.
- Complexity of markets and products make this a challenging and interesting role.
Ensure that team governance and procedures are managed in accordance with the Group Standard Manual, Market Risk and Finance FIM, PC best practice guidelines and regulatory environment.
Observation of Internal Controls
Maintains HSBC internal control standards, including timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators.
- Understands, follows and demonstrates compliance with all relevant internal and external rules, regulations and procedures that apply to the conduct of the business in which the jobholder is involved, specifically Internal Controls and any Compliance policy including, inter alia, the Group Compliance policy.