|Job Type:||Full Time|
JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.5 trillion and operations worldwide. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small business, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Information about JPMorgan Chase & Co. is available at www.jpmorganchase.com.
JPMC is looking to develop a core set of set of data management capabilities to drive consistency across each line of business. This data platform will be deployed on premise and longer term in the public cloud. The initial focus is on sourcing, storing, enriching and making available information to supporting internal management reporting, external regulatory reporting, as well as machine learning and other data analysis applications.
We are seeking an experienced software engineering lead in our global Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) team supporting our Big Data platform. This individual will be expected to lead a team of software engineers who will grow into subject manage experts, work with functional application development teams, partner with infrastructure engineers and production support analysts to determine requirements for designing and developing automation, SDLC and development environment testing & integration tools. The toolsets developed must pass the rigour of JPMC’s cyber security standards.
The SRE team runs, maintains and improves the Big Data Platform against established Service Level Objectives by applying software engineering practices. It is responsible for the availability, performance, change management, monitoring, and capacity management of their services, with special emphasis being placed on the automation of the processes/workload in support of the above. The SRE team is also responsible for the operational support of the Big Data infrastructure, with emphasis being placed on the ability to submit outage/issue/incident data into a design and SDLC feedback loop to ensure maximum automation and outage avoidance.
Key responsibilities this role would include:
- Develop, test and deliver the software to automate manual operational work and ensure application performance and resiliency
- Key contributor to SRE and functional development teams throughout the life cycle to help create software for reliability and scale, ensuring minimal refactoring or changes
- Troubleshoot incidents, participate in blameless post-mortems and ensure permanent closure of the incidents
- Identify application patterns and analytics in support of better service level objectives
- Analyze self-healing and resiliency patterns and contribute to software which can use these outcomes
- Conduct the performance tests, identify the bottlenecks, opportunities for optimization and capacity demand
- Implement best in class monitoring frameworks to accomplish end to end flow monitoring and noiseless alerting
- Test and implement automated software and product upgrades, change management and release management solutions
- Engage with Technology Controls organization to ensure tooling and ecosystem meets the Firm’s rigorous cyber policies
- Contribute to Firm level SRE community via engineering projects
- Be part of the 24x7 support coverage as needed
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you’re not just working at a global financial institution. You’re an integral part of one of the world’s biggest tech companies. In 14 technology hubs worldwide, our team of 40,000+ technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $9.5B+ annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will not only transform the financial services industry, but also change the world.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we’re building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you’re looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.
JPMorgan Chase is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or Business
- Prior experience in DevOps and/or application development teams
- Excellent debugging and trouble shooting skills
- Hands on experience using large scale software development, preferably in one of these languages: Java, Python, scripting languages
- Hands on experience of GIT, BitBucket, Jenkins, SONAR, SPLUNK, Maven, AIM and/ or Continuous Delivery tools
- Hands on experience in Unix: Linux and Solaris, relational (Oracle, MS SQL DB, Sybase, etc) and non DB technologies
- Knowledge of Load balancing, IP, DNS
- Exposure to new and emerging technologies such as cloud and virtualization
- Exposure to messaging technologies: eg Kafka, etc
- Exposure to Orchestration and configuration management tools for applications
- Familiarity with Agile Methodologies
- Hands on experience building out and maintaining data management platforms/workbenches either in house or as part of a commercial offering
- Experience with infrastructure components utilized in data warehousing or big data environments.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral appropriately scaled for senior technical and senior business audience
- Ability to work and effectively prioritize in a highly dynamic work environment that includes a global focus