|Job Type:||Full Time|
CIB – Securitized Products Group – Real Estate Finance, Loan Asset Management – Vice President
JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.5 trillion and operations worldwide. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small business, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Information about JPMorgan Chase & Co. is available at www.jpmorganchase.com.
Real Estate Finance (REF) is a commercial real estate (CRE) lending group within the firm’s Securitised Products Groups (SPG), a component of the Investment Bank. REF’s business can be summarised as secured (i.e. mortgage) lending to hold on balance sheet or either a syndication or securitisation exit. We also act in an arranger capacity bringing borrowers and lenders together. Further we act on acquisition or lending against performing, sub-performing and non-performing CRE loans as well as interacting with various areas of the bank to deliver real estate solutions to clients.
We lend against all the main property classes including; office, retail, logistics and multi-family residential as well as operating business where real estate is a key factor.
Our geographical focus primarily is on the UK, Spain, Netherlands and Germany but also includes other countries within EMEA and APAC.
Our clients include; financial sponsors, institutional investors, financial institutions, operating business and property companies.
You will be a VP-level candidate or equivalent with practical development expertise to underwrite, structure and monitor development and transitional loans. In addition, your job will help on other non-development deals and also assist in asset managing the current loan book.
- Screening and researching development loan opportunities throughout EMEA and APCA to assess viability
- Creating and analysing development models, costs and programme timeframes and sensitizing inputs
- Assisting structuring of loans and with drafting loan documentation
- Overseeing Project Monitoring of active projects, appointing Project Managers
- Reviewing 3rd Party development reports, monitoring costs and approving monthly drawings
- Supervision of the draw process, coordination of the 3rd Parties, internal processes to release funds
- Acting as the Bank’s Representative on site meetings
- Asset Management of existing loan book
- Responding to Borrower requests, negotiation of loans amendments
- Assist real estate underwriting and Asset Management on non-development deals
- Strong practical experience of development, development loans, project management
- Market knowledge of construction and development loan structures across a variety of asset types
- Advanced development modelling skills and strong report writing skills
- Judgement skills and experience to undertake risk analysis of development projects
- Questioning and robust negotiating skills
- Network of contacts in the construction sector
This role encompasses the performance of UK regulated activity. The successful candidate will therefore be subject to meeting UK regulatory requirements in the assessment of fitness, propriety, knowledge and competence (as assessed by the Firm) and (where appropriate) approval by the UK Financial Conduct Authority and/or the Prudential Regulation Authority to carry out such activities.
About J.P. Morgan’s Corporate & Investment Bank:
J.P. Morgan’s Corporate & Investment Bank is a global leader across banking, markets and investor services. The world’s most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. With $18 trillion of assets under custody and $393 billion in deposits, the Corporate & Investment Bank provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk and extends liquidity in markets around the world. Further information about J.P. Morgan is available at www.jpmorgan.com.
JPMorgan Chase & Co. offers an exceptional benefits program and a highly competitive compensation package. JPMorgan Chase & Co. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a member of the UK Government’s Disability Confident Scheme.