|Job Type:||Full Time|
CIB – Investment Banking – UK Mergers & Acquisitions – Associate – London
J.P. Morgan is a leader in financial services, working in collaboration across the globe to deliver the best solutions and advice to meet our clients' needs, anywhere in the world. We operate in 150 countries, and hold leadership positions across our businesses. We have an exceptional team of employees who work hard to do the right thing for our clients and the firm, every day. This is why we are one of the most respected financial institutions in the world - and why we can offer you an outstanding career.
J.P. Morgan's Corporate & Investment Bank is a global leader across banking, markets and investor services. The world’s most important corporations, governments, financial institutions, pensions, sovereign wealth organizations, states and municipalities entrust us with their business. We offer our clients a full suite of global financial services and capabilities, providing strategic advice, raising capital, managing risk, and extending liquidity in markets around the world. Not only is our goal to help clients succeed; we are committed to contributing to orderly and well functioning markets and supporting global economic growth across our businesses.
- J.P. Morgan's UK M&A team is part of the UK Investment Banking franchise
- The team has an outstanding reputation and an exemplary track record of executing complex transactions, and is recognised by clients, other advisors and competitors as one of the leading franchises in the UK market.
- The team partners with colleagues in industry and product teams to originate and execute the full spectrum of corporate finance transactions including public takeovers, private buy-side and sell-side transactions and corporate carve outs.
As an Investment Banking Associate within the UK M&A team, your responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Performing financial valuation, including discounted cash flow and multiples-based analyses
- Preparing presentation books, management presentations, board materials, memoranda, and other presentation materials for use in transactions or strategic client dialogue
- Performing a central role in the execution and delivery of transactions for clients including the day-to-day coordination of a transaction and advisory group
- Structuring transactions
- Conducting industry and product research as well as market screening for investors / targets
- Work with J.P. Morgan industry and product teams
- This role encompasses the performance of regulated activity. The successful candidate will therefore be subject to meeting regulatory requirements in the assessment of fitness, propriety, knowledge and competence (as assessed by the Firm) and (where appropriate) approval by the relevant regulatory authorities to carry out such activities
The work is fast-paced, demanding and intellectually stimulating. We look for candidates with the following:
- Relevant work experience at an investment bank (M&A, industry teams, Leverage Finance), consulting firm, private equity, Big 4, or similar is preferable
- Strong academic background
- Outstanding financial analysis and modelling skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work well under pressure and tight deadlines
- Solid communication and project management skills
- In-depth understanding of investment banking products (can be enhanced and further built through training)
- An understanding of the UK Takeover Code and Listing Rules
- Experience dealing with clients and other transactional advisers (can be enhanced and further built through training)
- Strong, inclusive team player
- Proficient in MS office applications and experience of Bloomberg preferred
This role encompasses the performance of UK regulated activity. The successful candidate will therefore be subject to meeting UK regulatory requirements in the assessment of fitness, propriety, knowledge and competence (as assessed by the Firm) and (where appropriate) approval by the UK Financial Conduct Authority and/or the Prudential Regulation Authority to carry out such activities.
J.P. Morgan’s Corporate & Investment Bank is a global leader across banking, markets and investor services. The world’s most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. With $18 trillion of assets under custody and $393 billion in deposits, the Corporate & Investment Bank provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk and extends liquidity in markets around the world. Further information about J.P. Morgan is available at www.jpmorgan.com.
JPMorgan Chase & Co. offers an exceptional benefits program and a highly competitive compensation package. JPMorgan Chase & Co. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.